
With newly invented tools, such as a stone spear tips and fire - early man left his caves (complete with telephone cabling) and hunted for food. Hunting in a group enabled the hunter to surround and to subdue even the largest of animals.
It's no different today in the streets of modern metropolis.

With hunting tactics little changed from the olden days, we see a large 'Joy Truck' surrounded and subdued by a group of hunting OCHAs. This truck will be hacked to pieces by hungry OCHAs jealously guarding their prerogative to select the finest cuts determined by seniority and by the role they played in the hunt. The OCHA that killed this truck, undoubtedly will get to take home the horn - as somethings just never change. The carcass of this truck, picked cleaned by scavengers, will be just a memory in mere hours.

The only real difference is, as you can see, the modern day OCHAs go to and from the hunt by car-pooling in red SUVs in order to save a little on the gas money.
Thanks to Photojournalist and Photohistorian LadyStyx for capturing these vivid and compelling pictures of life - brutal and in your face as it is...

9 comments:
Yep...looks rather brutal there.
Hope they don't eat it! because if they eat trucks what will be next? Humans?
LMAO. Have to keep an eye out for those hungry, hunting OCHA's.
I notice no one's commented about the old reference yet, lol.
Old, me thinks your just a baby LOL....
You do know now that every time I see a traffic cone I think of you .... gawds sake..
And Woolly Mammoths aint extinct, we had one last week, it did take 4 days to cook in the slow cooker, but jebus it was tasty..
x
Don't want to pop anyones bubble here...Why is the orange traffic cone called an ocha?
Orange
Cone
H...
A...
Much like the squirrel thingumy, I feel I have a rrived at the parry a little late! Thank you!!
H = Head
A = Alien
I was trying to "overlook" that "old" comment.
Hi Jess,
Someday if I get really motivated (read: bored) I will do an entry like the squirrel chroniciles for the Orange Cone Head Aliens and their friends.
I think there were preliminary ideas bouncing around in blog space but this is
the first of the major aliens amongst entries that I wrote
Shortly after that, I followed up with a credit and casts entry explaining who all was who(m?) in The cast of ...
The original cast of aliens has been expanded by perhaps a dozen more over the course of the year.
There are over 90 some odd alien entries for me alone, and I know Alice Kay, ChicagoLady, and LadyStyx have a number of them too - so this chronicling this would be an effort. Perhaps someday - maybe I'll do a glossary. :)
- Iggy
LOL! That may be a good idea iggy. Take a page from Ray Bradbury and call them the Alien Chronicles. ~grinz~ If it helps any, I've got all my entries labelled now (took me 2 days to go through EVERYTHING in that particular blog) and anything I've actually written in regards to the topic is labelled aliens. There may be some in the mish mosh area as well. I cant seem to find an entry in regards to the group memberships card, although it's possible I just made it and sent to you and you're the one that actually posted it.
Karla...maybe busses?
Marmy, we all got to be the same way once iggy pointed them out...
Iggy...the glossary should include pictures dontcha think?
LOL! Great post!
Post a Comment