Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm so lost... ...on leap day!

As of February 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Steps: 1,560,532
Miles: 662.09

Wow. It's leap day of of a leap year and I'm virtually lost somewhere in South Carolina, near Hilton Head Island. But golly! I'm sure there are worse places to be lost.

I got some pictures - pictures of, dare I say it, orange things!

Yeah, I know, I gave up photographing Orange Coneheads for Lent, and man was I ever tempted this past week or so - I saw so many Orange Coneheads in so many very interesting situations... but I couldn't take their pictures.


But I got a few pictures to share once I get caught up with things, like cleaning out my mail and email boxes! This mailbox is located on Duck Key, about halfway down the chain of the Florida keys in front of a $1.5 million home. I thought it was "ducky", so to speak. I wonder what my neighbors would say if I got a mailbox like this one...

Its nice to be back and nice to see all your comments welcoming me back too.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Cute mailbox. I think we all need something like that to greet us each day. :)

LadyStyx said...

What an awesome mailbox! Yes, I daresay many of us could use one like that if only to put a smile on our faces daily.

Leave it to the orange coneheads to tempt you like that.You know, you could have had someone else take the pictures and then given them credit for it....better yet, put yourself IN the picture with said coneheads. :D

Intense Guy said...

Durn... You know I never thought of letting someone else take the pictures.

That would have been interesting. :-) There was this family from Asia (Japanese I think) that were around one day taking hundreds of pictures of each other standing in front of just about everything.

I could have had them take a couple of me in front of Orange Coneheads (and nothing else) just to see their reaction to "crazy american guy wanted picture that way". LOL

LadyStyx said...

LOL!

Lainie said...

The bored teenagers in my neighborhood would have a field day with a manatee mailbox to beat up. But I love it!

ChicagoLady said...

I love the manatees!