Steps: 1,230,613
Miles: 524.00
Miles to Georgia: 9.00

Undated. Circa 1925? - Somewhere in Oklahoma.
My Mom was born more than a dozen years after her bother and sister. So the age gap made them (my Uncle and Aunt) seem as old as her parents to me.
Her Dad, Mom, Brother and Sister are in this picture taken at a family reunion in Oklahoma. A large family, some of them were actually and really Oklahoma Sooners. While the picture is unfortunately (to me anyway) undated, the backside has black typing on black paper listing everyone on the frontside's names.
While the presumed many offspring of these people are my relatives, I've never met any of them other than my Grandmom Elizabeth (called Bessie), Granddad (called John), Uncle John (called Johnny), and Aunt Elizabeth (called Betty).
My Granddad is the tall slender man with a white shirt (back row 4th one from right).
My Grandmom is the plump woman in white seated directly in front of him.
My Aunt and Uncle are seated with the rest of the "children" on the ground (3d and 2nd from the right repectively). While some of the youngest of the children may be still alive, I do not know anything about them. My mom had not been born yet when this picture was taken.
I need to put the photographs back in the box and return them to the attic as I've gotten quite melancholy.

5 comments:
What an awesome pic! *hugs*
I love seeing all the old pics. I dig mine out every once in awhile, just to reminisce.
Good heavens that looks like a family reunion on my mom's side of the family. She's the next to the youngest of 8 kids. Her oldest brother is actually old enough to be my grandfather! There are cousins and second cousins (possibly third cousins) in the family older than I am. Im going to have todig out some of the pix I got and do a reminicing blog entry (not that I remember many of them...
I LOVE old family photos...... I only have a few from my childhood and of old relatives, I found the photos of me in my mothers bin when she had divorced my dad and was moving and having a clear out, she game my 2 brothers and my sister all the photos with them in, but she through the photos of me into the rubbish bin... I was about 30 when this happened...... I took out all those that had not been ruined by kitchen scrapings..... these few photos are so precious to me, so very precious....
I know i know, what a saddo lol
That is a real treasure to have.
Post a Comment