Sunday, September 7, 2008

Squirrel Chronicles (v-LBE, AE&D, pre-FD)

squirrel carrying sign saying we're squirrelly, we're furry, get used to it!
Over the Hedge by Michael Fry and T. Lewis - enhanced by LadyStyx.

Note: In order to make things a little nicer, the first link you click will open a new browser window. When you click on subsequent links, that window will be reused (if you haven't closed it). Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday, March 19, 2007, ChicagoLady first wrote about squirrels, little did she know the thudding she heard off in the distance, was an acorn hitting the ground. An acorn that grew into quite a story - one that grew in the telling.

The entry that started it all

The acorn sat for awhile, finding a place in the soft fertile soil... and then on Tuesday, September 11, 2007, ChicagoLady wrote some more.

And winter closed in. The acorn was busy though, deep beneath the wind-blown snow, it was gathering strength and sending down its root.

One fine spring day, on Monday, April 21, 2008, ChicagoLady was inspired. Looking out her window, she saw an acrobatic Charlie.

With this entry, the acorn sprouted, sending its first tenuous green stalk skywards, searching for the nourishment of the sun.

Alice Kay took note, and wrote on June 09, 2008, that she had spotted Charlie or one of his cousins in the Wilds of Pennsylvania. (Note: this is a private blog)

LadyStyx also took note, and wrote on Thursday, June 12, 2008, that she too, had spotted a local Charlie in her neighborhood just several dozens of miles south of Intense Guy's home.

Seeing that a Charlie had been observed in and very near his home state, Intense Guy decided to try his hand in taking a nice picture of a squirrel, but he wanted to capture, on digital film, one that lived in the wilderness, not some city slicker. So off he went, deep into the woods with his camera on Thursday, July 3, 2008, only to be totally frustrated.

Never one to give up, and yes, you can interpret that to mean he's mule headed and stubborn, on July 16, 2008, he tried once more... with decidedly odd results.

On Saturday, August 16, 2008, he tried again.

In Chicago, someone thought Intense Guy's futile efforts were silly, and decided to show everyone just how easy taking a picture really was...

But back in Pennsylvania, Intense Guy's efforts, like the one on Aug 20, 2008, continued to be futile - and even approached the fine line between obsession and insanity.

Yet, he toiled on, a week later, he produced even more evidence of his increasingly desperate state of mind.

Then, someone must have alerted the media... For roving photojournalist LadyStyx reported the news of a breaking scandal on Thursday, August 28, 2008.

Meanwhile, Punkn astonished everyone with an entry that told the world on August 30, 2008, of the squirrels plotting revenge for having their solitude disturbed.

On Monday, September 1, 2008, Intense Guy accidently ran over one of the photographing squirrel's paw. The squirrel was later identified to be Bushytail.

This act of violence, of course, meant war! And sure enough, the very next day, Punkn reported that the suirrels had armed themselves to the teeth and were on the war path seeking justice revenge!

Roving Journalist LadyStyx reported in the early hours of Wednesday, September 3, 2008, that the squirrels were dead serious - and had offered a reward for Intense Guy's capture.

Knowing he was outnumbered, outgunned, cornered, and perhaps, slightly guilty, Intense Guy surrendered later that day to Nutkins and Chuzzelwitz. Before the sun had even reached the meridian...

LadyStyx announced the stunning verdict of the International War Tribunal court. Guilty on All Counts!

squirrel carrying sign saying make plush, not war!
Over the Hedge by Michael Fry and T. Lewis - enhanced by LadyStyx.

The squirrels, not being creatures to hold grudges, disarmed and returned to their day to day lives, smoking cigars and playing poker by sunset.

Sentenced to hard time, on Friday, September 5, 2008, Intense Guy prepared to start his walk down the oh-so-long green mile.

Added: September 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Don't forget to head over to LadyStyx's place and get your special inspired comment award!

--- stay tuned... this isn't over yet! ---

If you have enjoyed the Squirrel Chronicles, feel free to give yourself commemorative badge - to use however you see fit.

a wooden acorn with a smile face and the words I'm a squirrel nut on it

No... it is not over by a long shot....

squirrel lying on a couch at the shrink's office, saying when I learned, you are what you eat, I realized I was nuts!

Intense Guy reports from his holding cell, "Well, I can feel this guy's pain."

squirrel on the ground with a shocked expression, the words say, unable to move from the spot, trevor realizes that he's buried the wrong nuts.

12 comments:

Karla said...

be vewy vewy qwite..I'm hunting for sqewwls!

LadyStyx said...

heh heh heh..that was great! Thanks iggy!!

AliceKay said...

LOL, Karla.

Cool story, Iggy. But you know what? I completely missed seeing the June 12th post by Styxie with the 3 photos of the "local Charley". I have no idea how I missed that one. :\

Anonymous said...

Great post Iggy. :)

LOL @ Karla!

Jess said...

I really enoyed reading all of this! -I think it's going to get a load of linkbacks.
High fives for everyone - I wish I'd been involved. :)
x

Deanna said...

A father and son went hunting together for the first time.

The father said, "Stay here and be very QUIET. I'll be across the field." A few minutes later, the father heard a blood curdling scream and ran back to his son.

"What's wrong?" the father asked. "I told you to be quiet."

The son answered, "Look, I was quiet when the snake slithered across my feet. I was quiet when the bear breathed down my neck. But when the two squirrels crawled up my pant legs and said, 'Should we eat them here or take them with us?'

"I guess I just panicked...."

LOL@Karla.

Dang Iggy, the Chronicles had to be a lot of work to put together,and the narrative in between each posting is perfect!

Can someone tell me how to linkback to this so that when people click on the Commemorative Badge they will go directly to the Chronicles?

ChicagoLady said...

Very nice job putting all that together Iggy. Hugs!

LadyStyx said...

*criez 'cause Alice missed one of my entries!*

LadyStyx said...

cool! You can link the post in with the award!! Im gonna let iggy explain it though because if I try I'll get everyone lost.

Intense Guy said...

Punkn,

Go into Blogger where you can edit your "Layout" (one of the three tabs, Posting, Manage, Layout you see near the top) you will see on the page on the rightside a column - headed by "Add a Gadget". Now where you have added the award - you will see a box (in your case its the first one just below the "Add a Gadget") in which you added the Inspired Comment" graphic - click on the "Edit" and a window labeled "Configure Image" will pop up. I believe you will see three items, Titles (empty), Caption (I should see this award on every one of the blogs I visit) and Link (just an "http://") and the graphic with the cute squirrel lugging the big nut.

In the Link box, paste the line below

http://intenseguy.blogspot.com/2007/09/squirrel-chronicles.html

And click "save". Then click "save" again on the "Layout" page/window.

:)

-me

For those of you that want to add the graphic - it's a different process - give me a shout if you want me to try to explain how to do it from the beginning.

Deanna said...

THANKY THANKY THANKY!!!!!
You're the bestest!

Furry Bottoms said...

This is absolutely incredible!!!