Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shipping Snow We Go

a frozen snow / ice ball and a small mound of snow

Snow should be mailed in a sturdy mailing box. It can be kept frozen and packed with a cold source.

Snow will stay at a safe temperature longest if frozen solid first. Pack it in a container with a cold source such as a frozen gel pack found at supermarkets, or purchase some dry ice from a local ice supplier listed in your telephone yellow pages. I recommend using Mutt Mitts to put the snow in. They are great for controlling any leaks when sealed.

Pack your snow and cold source in a heavy foam container or corrugated cardboard. Fill up an empty space with crushed paper or foam popcorn. Any air space in the box in contact with outside will cause the snow and cold source to thaw faster.

Label the package clearly as "Keep Frozen." Arrange a delivery date with the recipient and ship the package and prepare to duck the snowball when they throw it back at you.

Notes: This works for entire snowmen too, just scale up the sizes and use Elephant Mitts. On my mailing list of eager snow recipients are Tori_Z and LadyStyx!

12 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

You can really send snow through the post? and a snowman?

bloody hell, you doodles are well clever.....

I know you can send live lobsters, but i never thought about snow..

x

Anonymous said...

OK, great, so now you've got it figured out, when should I expect my snow delivery???

LadyStyx said...

See y'all...there's absolutely no excuse for not sending snow now (looks at Chicago and Alaska). Only day Im not home is Fridays...

MarmiteToasty said...

Tori if Iggy sends enough you can go sledging LMFAO

x

Anonymous said...

Toasty:
Yeah... Great idea! :)

yellowdoggranny said...

send them enough to make snow ice cream.

Celticspirit said...

Send me a big box of snowballs please. There are a few people I'd like to toss one at. ;)

Ausgrl said...

Ok I will take as many boxes as you can send.. Please!!!!

Lainie said...

I've got plenty of snow here thank you very much. I'll be happy to box some up and ship it.

LadyStyx said...

Oh sure...y'all PROMISE to ship it, but have I seen even ONE box of the stuff yet? Nooooo! ~lafffz~

The Wife O Riley said...

Just don't send the yellow snow.

ChicagoLady said...

A frozen gel pack will stay cold enough to keep the snow from melting? Really? Does the package need to be sent with minimal shipping time? Say Priority Mail vs Ground?