
Ever think to yourself, I wonder if there is a cool museum I could go to while I'm traveling through some place I've never been to before?
If you are into Classic Cars, Buses and Trolleys - you might want to head here! It lists places like the Penske Racing Museum in Phoenix, AZ, the Chicagoland Historical Bus Museum in the Windy City and the Mifflinburg Buggy Museum in my home state.
If you are open to just about any sort of Museum - you might want to head here! I peeked at some of the many, many entries and thought "Wow! the Air Mobility Command Museum at the Dover (Delaware) Air Force Base, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home and Museum in Mansfield Missouri, the Bradford Landmark Society in Bradford
Where would you go for a visit if you had a free afternoon?

14 comments:
It's not really a museum, and it's a bit out of reach for a afternoon but Its where I would go.
Bodleian Library(Oxford University)
more book than any one person can ever love!
Oh yeah and the Edgar Allen Poe museum in Richmond Virginia
=)
Steelers game this Sunday, hoping for the WIN!
Does it have to be a museum? I only wanna see the Grand Canyon before I die!
There are just so many places of interest I would love to see, and so many places around the world I would love to visit........ sigg
x
I would need more than 1 afternoon. But if I had to choose it would have to be the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia.
Oh...easy! I'd go back here again: http://www.amnh.org/
Shoot, I'd spend the whole day there and then do the overnight trip as well!
I was wondering why I had never heard of the Bradford Landmark Society. According to that website, it's located in Bradford, Pennsylvania, not in Bradford County. (out near Erie) The entry before that one is the one in Bradford County.
The Bradford County Historical Society is located in the old jail house on Pine Street in Towanda. Our school bus used to go up Pine Street and past the jail every day to get to school. If anyone got into trouble on the bus, they were sometimes threatened to be dropped off at 109 Pine. LOL (oh man...the good old days)
Oh Man!!! I kind of really wish you wouldn't have posted that about the bus museum. Once Matt sees this, he'll drag us there too.
I'll have to go check out all the museums one of these days. A bus museum, huh? I've been the Chicago Historical Museum, and of course all the other usual museums downtown, but never the bus museum.
if i had the money and the time i'd go see king tut in dallas..
I'd go to any place that has a good Egyptian exhibit.
I like the SF Cable Car Museum in SF (duh).
But in all honesty, I am not a museum person, I'd rather be outdoors, taking pictures.
I'd like to go to a museum with old quilts and I really like art museums.
Where would you go for a visit if you had a free afternoon?
I think I'd check out the Natural History museum in Oklahoma city. I love going to museums of all sorts. Thanks for posting this...I found tons of museums in OK that sound interesting.
I'd go to the Stoogeum! The Stoogeum is the world's first and only museum of Three Stooges memorabilia. Containing close to 100,000 pieces of Stoogeabilia, the Stoogeum (rhymes with museum) offers fans a chance to view a vast array of artifacts which celebrate the legacy of this legendary comedy team.
Post a Comment