There was (will someone please cover LadyStyx's eyes?) absolutely no snow on Long Beach Island. I did some walking and went to see the lighthouse that got it's light back (Old Barnegat Light). According to the local newspaper, over 8,000 people attended the New Year's day relighting ceremony.
Mostly I just puttered about - I'm sorry the pictures of mine haven't been all that great lately, I broke my camera just before going to Longwood Gardens - clumsy me had it in his pocket and laid down on it while working under a desk on my Dad's home office computer. I wasn't a terribly happy camper. I've sent it in to get it repaired - hopefully I'll hear soon how much my stupidity will cost me and when it might be sent back. Hopefully it won't cost as much as a new one.
Anyway, I saw some sights while puttering about and captured them on the cell phone camera...the first reminded me of the froggy lovers I know.

Even the sidewalk lamp looks like a mushroom. I'm not sure what it is that causes kermit-envy, but it sure seems like a lot of folks have it.

I spotted this neat little Volkswagon Beetle vanity plate outside the Alliance for a Living Ocean's headquarters building (More on the ALO) Move over, Herbie...it's the Surf Bug!

The cold seashore air really fires up one's appetite nearly as did the aroma coming from the Distelfink Bakery. I returned to work on Monday morning after an early morning physical therapy session, well rested (and newly achy) but really mentally out of it. All morning long I thought it was January 8th and only after I missed a meeting with a client and got a phonecall from them did I realize it was the 12th.
The shoulder is healing (slowly) and I no longer sit in teeth gritting agony. I can once again put on my own winter jacket and get things out of my back pockets - the simple things in life that really make things so much easier.

9 comments:
HEY! Whos hands are over my peepers!!
I think you did great with your cell phone camera. I still haven't learned to use mine.
I am confused on the dates too. The new year is already zipping by too fast for me! :O
So glad to hear that you shoulder is still improving. Often, the simplest things in life are the sweetest...eh?
Candles are still burning, :)
~gypsy-heart
I meant "your shoulder" hee, hee
glad your shoulder is better and sorry about your camera..i don't have a cell phone every since i read the stephen king book cell i refuse to get one
Good news about the shoulder not hurting so bad anymore.
Bad news that you are as clutsy as me. Nothing is safe! It is a shame that we have turned into such a throw away society that fixing something costs almost as much as buying new. That is so often the case, which causes the decision to throw away and buy new.
I'm so glad your shoulder is starting to feel better.
I have a camera on my phone, but no way to get it from my phone to anything else, so what's the point of using it? And it takes me about 5 minutes just to figure out how to access the camera. Today I spotted three deer at work today (they were outside, I was inside) but by the time I found my camera app on my phone, they were gone. And I'm too cheap to buy a more expensive phone that can do more stuff.
Glad the shoulder is improving. Hope you're caught up on what the date is now. ;)
I got the vibes, I to was down on the seafront this past weekend... I must have known you would be on the other seafront all those miles away....
Glad to hear you are improving, be it only slowly.....
happy wednesday..
x
Neat pic of the frogs. :)
I'm with the others...glad to hear your shoulder is feeling better. You don't realize how many "little things" happen in daily life until you are no longer able to do them comfortably.
Hang in there. Spring is right around the corner...I hope. It was 0F when I looked outside at 6:30 this morning, but it's warmed up to a toasty 8F as I write this. Terri left for work all bundled up in layers of work clothes and coveralls and has to work outside in this cold all day. (oh...does anyone want some snow?)
Post a Comment