Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Case For Captial Punishment?

a very big 2 foot across or more very sunny and Smiling Jack-o-Lantern
Who amongst us could help but chuckle seeing this huge Jack-O-Lantern? I spotted this one at a doorstep along my way to the Post Office. These Jack-O-Lanterns would look pretty cool wearing sunglasses.


unhappy neighbor that had his $100 of his pumpkins stolen
His neighbor across the street, however, is not so happy. His sign says, "Some JERKOFF Stole Our PUMPKINS - $100 Worth!!"

Perhaps only in America when the economy is in the tank - would someone buy or steal $100 worth of essentially useless pumpkins... ...but I will be on the lookout for the stolen goods. Hopefully they were branded with serial numbers or something... Anybody know the phone number for the folks at CSI: Lansdale?

a skeleton slowly showing through the ground
A pumpkin thief deserves capital punishment I think...Perhaps death by "pumpkining"?

Beware all you pumpkin thieves! this could be your fate!

7 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL I still cant believe you have carved pumpkins out on show already, you will NOT see one over here until actually at least the night before halloween......

I LOVE that house with the porch with the stolen pumpkins..... that is one of my wishes in life, to own a house with a wrap round porch, its one of my passions just like the white picket fence...sigh...

And as tacky as the skeleton is I LOVE IT, I have this thing about bones remember lol especially skeletons........ maybe cos I have so many in me cupboard lol....

I did buy a couple of pumpkins today....

One year we grew a whooper it was 254 lb. and it was the biggest in the village show :).... I will have to try and dig out the photos...

x

MarmiteToasty said...

ps........ I do not know not one of me maties that will use the flesh of their pumpkins to make wonderful things with or even just to drizzle with olive oil and roast..... neither will they dry the seeds and eat them :( - I will be the only one lol....the saddo that I am..

x

LadyStyx said...

Sad that people cant leave their damn hands offa what's not theirs. Looks like such a nice neighborhood too. Last 2-3 neighborhoods we lived in weren't that bad at all. I'd left a bathmat hanging to dry for a WEEK on the front railing of our house in Texas because I forgot to bring it in before leaving town for a week to find it still hanging there...where I left it...when we got back. I've set stuff out here (and this is a rougher neighborhood) and had them still be there when I got back even after a 3 day trip. Nah...here they leave their crap in your yard...fliers....baseball card wrappers...*sigh* Only one house in the cul du sac is decorated...it's the one 3 doors down from us.

ChicagoLady said...

Not having a house, I don't carve pumpkins anymore, but I remember doing it as a kid with my mom.

I've seen a few houses nearby that have decorations, but not a lot. One house has a big blow-up Frankenstein. Another has a blow-up globe and some ghosts next to it that light up. I haven't gone searching around for other houses, so I don't know what else might be on other streets.

Normally the only reason to steal jack-o-lanterns is to smash them in the road. But to take $100 worth? That's just mean.

yellowdoggranny said...

uh...who the ??? would spend $100 on pumkins in this day and age anyhow?...sigh*
I love carving pumpkins for Halloween...I'll have to take pictures of them this year.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great post Iggy!

Intense Guy said...

Wow! A 254 pound pumpkin!? Thats incredible! How did you get it out of your garden?

I don't know too many folks around hear that actually eat pumpkins they grow for display - and certainly wouldn't eat one that's been carved and out the front porch for a couple weeks. :)