
"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
Pearl S. Buck (American author, 1938 Nobel Prize for Literature, 1892-1973)

26 comments:
You have all of our hearts, Iggy. Mine, Styxie's, AK's, Punkn's, Aus', Karla's, Marmite's, even Pilem's. Don't ever let your heart wither, there are other hearts out here waiting for you answer our beats.
You want thoughts? I got lots of thoughts about lots of things. What do you want to think about? We'll think about them together.
“All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.” -Buddha
Your heart soars, our hearts soar
Your heart cries, our hearts cry
we are all intertwined in the fabric of life....
i like being alone..sometimes the sound of someone's thoughts are deafening..and I can't hear the cowboys game over them.
I'm with Chicagolady and Styxie. (very well put, chicagolady)
I was worried about you yesterday morning, Iggy. You left my stream without even a message or a goodbye hug, which was unusual for you. :( So here is your hug from me now... (((Iggy)))
With all due respect to Pearl S. Buck, he missed the mark. What he describes can happen, but doesn't have to. Or maybe he hit the mark entirely and you are a shining example of that. You often feel alone, but youare NOT alone! There are different degrees of alone. You, dear friend, are not alone. You reach out to others in so many ways. And others reach back to you as a result. Me, Tori, Aus, Styxie, Chicagolady, Alice Kay, Marmie, and so many others that I don't know about depend on you as a friend and for emotional (not to mention technical ;) support. You reach out to family and they love you. And your coworkers and customers depend on you. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know - you are not going to allow it to wither. And your mind! Your imagination! You ARE my inspiration. Keep the good thoughts, Iggy. You raise me up on more days than I can tell you! Huggsssss to a great friend. We love you.
Inspiration is obtained from those around us not always those we live with. One is never alone even when sitting alone and feeling alone someone is thinking of you.
Chica lady and ladystyx and the others have said it all so beautifully....
Do you not realise how much you have inspired and enriched my little life since you stumbled into Twaddle and I fell in the door here....
ok, now you have me worried about ya....
You can hold my hand for a while if you wish.... but, know that I would squeeze it right proper hard :)
(((((Iggy))))))) hugs for you, so many hugs....
x
Sit's with chicago and yells Yeah Yeah
You know you have all of us Iggy..our hearts and our thoughts...*hugs* ya tight
I was just reading through the comments and realize, something I said came across entirely wrong! When I said that you are a shining example of what Pearl Buck said, I meant that you are a shining example that he was wrong, not right. Gawd I hate it when I screw things up. Hugz Iggy. Ya gotta know we all care about you a lot. Wish I could share a cuppa good strong coffee with you right now.
Sending a dozen or so hugs your way too Iggy.
I should have just sent hugs. Pearl S. Buck is a she, not a he. I've been doing some fascinating reading on her. Huggsssssss Iggy. We care.
I think Whitney Houstpon said it well when she sang I will always love you. I am going to change a word and reading all the comments I know that everyone will approve..
And We will always love you
We hope life treats you kind and
We hope you have all you dreamed of
And We wish you joy and happiness but above all of this
We wish you love and We will always love you!!!!
It is dark and a cold snow-rain mix is falling as the wind gusts are shredding the leaves from the trees this morning - but I've turned on a bright light at the office and am feeling a little better - frustrated in that I do not know what triggered this latest bout of gloom. I do know one thing, your comments, and e-mails were like a lifeline and I appreciate them all.
I'd like to know what thoughts ChicagoLady has on many things, and appreciate the words of wisdom from LadyStyx and AusGrl and most of all the encouragement - I knew what Punkn meant the first time around - sometimes our racing thoughts are let down by our fingers and our voices - by some times the words typed or spoken are not neccessary for the thought to leap from one to another.
Getting out of the gloom always takes a lot of energy, I don't know why, but it's an effort to shutdown some of negative paths my thoughts have taken. A couple e-mails have brought me a much needed break and helped me think of other things - and brought a couple mental images into my head - I will try to write an entry on these "Mental Images" soon.
Thank you all for your encouragement - I think I see the "way out" today.
Interesting post Iggy.
How're you doing? And how's the shoulder?
And... Can I have your e-mail addy?
*holding your hand until the gloomies have past*
x
Pearl S. Buck is my mistress. Ever read "The Good Earth" ?
- Mila
ps... if you pick those dandelions you will wet the bed.... just saying...
x
lol marmie. Pick the dandylines and make some dandywine.
Hugssssssss Iggy. Hope today is better. :)
:) punkn - do you know, a few years back when me neighbours house was empty and the garden had overgrown a tad, I climbed over the fence and gathered hundreds of dandelions.... it takes millions of the dam yellow heads to make country dandelion wine.... but wine I made...... every few months whilst it was fermenting I would shove a straw down the bung hole and sip it and it always tasted like nail varnish remover LOL.... after just over 2 years when I tasted it is was like pure heaven...... that week we was invited to a barn dance and it was bring ya own wine, I didnt even bottle the stuff, just took it along in the Demi-johns that it had fermented in and took long straws for everyone lmfao.....
2 years to make and 2 hours to drink 3 gallons of thes tuff.... but jebus it was potent lol - I think it not only took the lining off me stomach but it put hairs on me chest lol...... it was wonderful though, I use to make a wicked blackberry wine from the blackberries that I would pick around the lanes.....
Thats it, Im gonna dust off me wine making equipment and go back into production lmfao....
I need more hours in the day lol
(((((((((((Iggy))))))))))))))) hope your smiling a little today.... and dam man, you have bloody cold hands lmfao
x
lmao Marmi - many moons ago we made dandywine too. Like yours, it took forever to ferment. I was very selfish with it (shame on me) once it was ready. Ya ought to try persimons sometime. Talk about potent! It is the white lightning of wines.
*Pokes Iggy - hiiiiiiiii :)*
I picked a dandelion today, now Im to scared to go to bed incase I wet it LMFAO
nite all......
((Iggy)) know you are loved..
x
Beautiful image and quote!!
I loved your neighborhood pumpkins too!!
Thank you for sharing your sweet world, Iggy.
Iggy:
I'm glad the words and e-mails from friends have helped you so much. Sometimes all you need when you're feeling low is to know that someone out there cares. And, as you can see, plenty of people care about you. :)
*HUGS*
Just dropping in to wish you a bright morning and leave a *HUGZ* for ya. I'll pop in a bit later, after my sleep shift and check on ya before I start my daily pedalling....
Well, its morning, and I didnt actually wet the bed, so thats a bonus lol
((Iggy)) good morning, happy Wednesday..
x
Post a Comment