Friday, February 8, 2008

Photos in the Attic


Dated September 1967

My younger brother and I. Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ. The water is usually warm in September but.. either it's cold or my Grandmom told me to stand up straight.

I guess you could say I've always been a beach bum... or at least have always been around water. My folks made sure we could swim almost before we could walk*.

* YMCA - Guppy, Minnow, Fish, Flying Fish, Shark and Porpoise; Boy Scouts - Swimming, Motor Boating, Lifesaving, Canoeing, and Small-Boat Sailing merit badges, numerous mile swims.


Dated November 1980?

My College Dormmates and Friends. One of our dorm rooms, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN. Inspired by Monty Python (or something) we posed for a photograph with serious but hopefully, hopeful outlooks on out faces.

None of us became a Rocket Scientist, even though I think we all wanted to be one. This collection of geeks did become Computer and Electrical Engineers eventually. Along the way, we saw the movies "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Harold and Maude" more than once. I don't think these experiences scarred us for life.

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

I have several old pictures with me, just no scanner available to get them in here to share right now. I'll have to do that sometime after we get moved. That second picture...*giggles* you remind me of one of our band instructors from my highschool. We always referred to him as the "sweet teddybear" because he had the look of one on the outside and he had the same sweet nature on the inside as well.

Geeks..gotta love them. I married a geek the secondtime around and it's the best thing I ever did!

Lainie said...

So which geek are you?
(I am a geek too, btw.)

Intense Guy said...

I'm the one that looks like he stuck his finger in an electric socket wearign the green VW shirt.

Deanna said...

Wow! Take a walk on the "wild" side! Loved the picture. Huggsssss

AliceKay said...

LOL...great pics. Thanks for sharing. (love that first one) :)