Friday, February 8, 2008

Mile - 506 Jacksonville

As of February 8, 2008 at 8:00 AM
Steps: 1,195,093
Miles: 508.87
Miles to Georgia: 24.13


The crowd was on hand to watch from the dock.

The Virtual Walker has some pictures from the Voyage of the Houseboat so while I most definately cannot walk on water - there will be planty of water to be had since Jacksonville is surrounded by water at all sides. We left Orange Park bright and early in the morning, June 30, 2001.


A Scene from Jacksonville Beach.

While waiting for some last minute provisioning of the houseboat, we went to Green Cove Springs and to Jacksonville Beach. Here we see what "we" power boaters call a "Blow Boat." ironically under power. Don't get me wrong, on a good day*, I enjoy sailing as much as any other on the water activity.

* Nice wind, sunny but cool with few if any waves!


An Eye-In-The-Sky (An Alien View?) Photo of Jacksonville

I've added the labels and the route of the Voyage of the Houseboat.

2 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Awwww look at that happy puppy face...how sweeeeeet!!!

That looks like an awesome trip...one that I'd love to take someday.

AliceKay said...

I'd like to be walking on that beach!!