I realized I would need to change into dark clothing, stick to the shadows, and avoid the streetlight at the corners. I printed out a map of the 'hood' and charted those lights, and places where I knew dogs would bark when someone walked nearby.
It was going to be like traversing a mine field. Getting ready, I got the dark shoe polish out from under the bathroom sink and smeared it on my cheekbones. I turned the ringer off on my cell phone.
The only flaw in the planning was tonight the moon will be near full and there isn't a cloud in the sky. It was a risk I would have to take.
My neighbor is the first house to be surveilled. The floor plan of his house is similar to mine. Ugh, he's in the bathroom. Let's move on.
Ah, here we see a ballgame. The TV looks pretty nice, but nothing exciting. I can't make out who's playing.
Oh! This is probably the best TV on the block - it takes up a whole wall and points directly out into the street through a huge picture window! Hell's Kitchen is on! Let 'em have it Chef Ramsey! In 3-D surround sound!
Whoa! What's all that noise! Oh.. it's just NCIS. I better move along quickly, some dog is going crazy in there somewhere.
Ugh, what a stick in the mud. This neighbor's TV isn't on and his out in the backyard talking to someone on his porch. I think he is actually talking to his cat.

Judging from the music I hear, I'd say this neighbor is watching some porn.
Let's see here... what are they watching? Ack! Suddenly a bright flash of light nearly blinds me! I hear this old lady querulous voice shout, "Hiram! Turn the Rottweiller loose! There's a peeping yaya out there!" and then screen door slams!
Then I hear the most terrifying deep baying, "AHWOOF! WOOF!"
Oh my god! Run! Run! Huff huff huff...I whisper hoarsely, "Aaron is that you?"
"Wo..eeerrrwoof?"
"Oh Aaron! You scared the bejeebers out of me! Ugh, no Aaron! Aaron! I don't need my face washed! Stop that! Here, have a nice milkbone with some peanut butter on it! And dang it Aaron! You slobbered all over my camera lens. Go home and tell Hiram you were brave and chased off the peeping yaya, Ok? It's time for me to head home."
Oh Geeze, my neighbor is still in there!
A word from the wise:
1) Turn off the automatic flash on your camera before starting out on your mission.
2) Be familiar with all applicable 'Peeping Yaya' laws for your neighborhood.
3) Know the names of all the dogs in your neighborhood and carry a doggy treat within easy reach.

23 comments:
We had a "peeping tom" in our little town when I was a young teenager. I can still hear the sound of his bicycle rattling off after he had run back to it from checking out my bedroom window. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
your lucky some ole lady didn't flash you..which is what would happen over here..ha
LOL thanks Iggy I needed a smile this beautiful morning :-)
I hope the PoPo find this as amusing as I did! ;)
LOL! Thanks for the chuckle. :)
you are tooooo funny.
I'd love to go on one of those nanny walks with you.
(I love rottweilers!)
Too funny, I could almost hear the theme song to mission impossible as I was reading.
Oh Yaya...
Every evening Leland and I take a walk around our neighborhood. He thinks it's funny that I like to look into other people's houses. I really have no interest in what they are doing, I just like to be able to see how there living areas are decorated.
At least I don't take pictures! ;)
your neighbors have a wide variety of shows they like to watch; must have been an adventure as you surveyed the neighborhood, especially when your friendly dog came to visit; wise choice to have dog treats for him!
cute entry; enjoy the day
betty
Still chuckling! I don't make a good spy, either. I have to find my very first assignment in a writing class in college and post it. We were supposed to go sit in a public place and write down--well, everything. I will go do that right now--hehe!
You are so lucky you smell of dog bones and peanut butter! :):)
LOL you silly man. I'd be too scared that someone would call the cops on me! Imagine looking out your window and seeing a camera pointed directly at you. Creepy!
And that is one huuuuge TV. Aren't they scared it's a temptation for thieves?
LOL!!!
Hell's Kitchen rocks. Though Chef Ramsay would totally make me cry.
ROFLMAO! You are certifiable!!!! No wonder I love you so much.
I JUST got the title.
I must need more coffee...or more sleep???
Hahahahaha! I laughed out loud the entire time I read this! Hilarious! Much better with the pictures added!
I'm so glad I was able to inspire you. ;)
Yeah I've accidently had the flash on a couple of times I've been out platerazzing (I made that word up just now) at night. People usually are NOT happy!
You really did this? I'm glad you live on the East coast and far away from me. I'm with DR - creepy! LOL
Not to spoil anyone's fun, but the neighbors (even though I don't know many of their names) are very familar with me walking around and around and around the block at any hour of the day.
I took all the pictures at maximum zoom from the sidewalk in front of the house using a very small digital camera that is about the size of a 3x5 card and maybe 5/8 of inch thick.
It's a nice neighborhood.
Everyone locks their doors and all that, but there haven't been any break-ins that I'm aware of in the 16 years I've lived there. The people with the huge TV in the picture window may be tempting fate however - as it really lights up the front lawn when it's on.
I don't normally look in their windows - I usually closely watch my feet so I don't trip and fall as I'm prone to doing.
P.s., I wrote this mostly to "see" Yaya laugh. :) Seeing her comment made it all worthwhile.
I'm prone to being the klutz too igs.
Not one to look in the windows of other's places, unless they have Christmas trees up in them, then I only look long enough to admire the lighting.
Oh Iggy, this post was awesome! You put a smile on my face once again. I don't know how you do it, but your imagination is incomparable to anyone I know.
Sneaking around like that... will make it impossible to wear your neon OCHA colored Charlie skin mankini. You may consider having another made in a ninja fashion with all black Charlies...
LOL@you as the village peeping tom lmfao to dam funny.....
x
Post a Comment