Friday, September 4, 2009

Hundred Acre Woods

I took these photographs while walking in the Hundred Acre Woods located off the Perkiomen and Skippack trails in Graterford, PA. Some words from Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne accompany them. I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend.

A Goldfinch hidden in the yellow flowers
A Goldfinch hidden in the yellow flowers

Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way,
in that enchanted place on the top of the forest,
a little boy and his Bear will always be playing.

close up of the Goldfinch
A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Nobody can be un-cheered with a balloon.


Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.


They're funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you're having them.


When looking at your two paws, as soon as you have decided which of them is the right one, then you can be sure the other one is the left.


You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.


It's a very funny thought that, if Bears were Bees,
They'd build their nests at the bottom of trees.
And that being so (if the Bees were Bears),
We shouldn't have to climb up all these stairs.


16 comments:

AliceKay said...

Beautiful photographs. :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

They are exquisite. Your pix put mine to shame...

Martha said...

What gorgeous photos! Thanks for taking us with you! Have an awesome holiday weekend! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the pooh phrases accompanying these awesome pics!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Pooh is actually my favorite character :)

You can't see it because I cropped him out of the pictures I currently have up, but I have this huge comfy Pooh Bear that's residing at Mom's.

Love the quotes. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

yellowdoggranny said...

you take the purtiest pictures..westfest weekend..wish you were here for a skunk egg..have a great weekend.

PictureGirl said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos.

betty said...

such a beautiful area and loved your commentary and Pooh and friends' words

enjoy the weekend :)

betty

ChicagoLady said...

I love the pictures and the quotes from Pooh! He was a wise old bear.

Rita said...

I never read Winnie The Poo. I guess I was deprived. Beautiful pictures. Have a wonderful long weekend! :)

Karla said...

Enjoy your weekend and don't get seasick this time!!! *hugss*

Anonymous said...

Great post... Pooh is a wise bear. :)

Hope you're having a great weekend. *Hugs*

Martha said...

Beautiful post along with beautiful words. I want to see a Goldfinch. Thanks for sharing your walking spots, I will have to check some of them out!

Shan G said...

You had me at "100 acre wood"! We are Winni-the_Pooh freaks in this house. LOL

Beautiful pictures. :)

A bloggy friend just got a Canon DLSR and I am absolutely DROOLING over the gorgeous shots she is taking. I need to get enough moolah to get one before my daughter isn't little anymore. She can take those pictures where the background is blurred a bit but the subject is perfectly clear. GORGEOUS!

I got a new blog design...people are telling me it doesn't slow their browser down anymore and loads quickly. Maybe that will get you back playing Wordles? LOL

MarmiteToasty said...

I think I need to lob me camera in the bin after looking at your gorgeous photos..... and just look at that giant hand in the last photo.... so, someone must be walking around handless lol....

x

MarmiteToasty said...

ps...... we actually have a woods here locally called 'hundred acres'.... :)

nuffin to do with winnie the pooh though..

x