Friday, September 18, 2009

The Perfect Orange Cone Head Dessert

Sorry, I've not been feeling well this week - but rather than whine about a headcold I'll leave you with a cool way to get a brain freeze.

Oh, and by the way, I'm going to prison tomorrow... the Eastern State Penitentiary which is near the Phildadelphia Art Museum (if you want come visit...)

traffic cone mascot cartoon character waving and pointing
INGREDIENTS
3/8 cup Orange Sherbet
2 tablespoons Vanilla Ice Cream

4 ounce paper solo cone cup

traffic cone mascot cartoon character pointing at you!
DIRECTIONS
Hold paper cup in hand
Pack one tablespoon of orange sherbet into it and smooth it down
Next pack vanilla ice cream into a layer and smooth it down
Pack remaining orange sherbet and level off the top (bottom) of the cup
Turn cup over on serving plate and remove it

traffic cone mascot cartoon character running

Serves one or two (or thousands of ants at a picnic!)

You can find this recipe and many others in the Perfect Orange Cone Head Cookbook whereever you see this sign!

A cool green surfer iguana holding his rainbow colored surf board on a sign that says iggy apparel

Thanks to Stock Toons for the graphics and LadyStyx for finding them. Thanks to Yaya for the Iggy Apparel picture!

18 comments:

jewelrybyrebecca said...

I'm all ready to try this one out thanks to my awesome gift from...??? Um??? Oh yeah, YOU!
Hope you feel better soon!

Yankee Girl said...

Ditto on the above comment!

And I already tried it! I have been having epic fights with my family this week and I decided to make it to cheer myself up. It worked!

And I did get a brain freeze, but it was so worth it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Iggy I sure hope to feel better soon hun. That little drinky sounds yummers and when you go to prison just remember, DO NOT drop your soap. Hugs!!

Martha said...

I hope you feel better! I've been wanting to go to the "pen" just not sure if Tara would be interested.

I love orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream, just like an orangesicle.

Have a good weekend!

Karla said...

Have fun in prison...

*wanders off whining about not being able to try the receipe*

yellowdoggranny said...

i'm thinking of making them for halloween trick or treaters...but in the cone..

AliceKay said...

I hope you feel better soon. (you sound like i feel)

Loved the graphics and the Iggy Apparel sign.

Have fun at the "pen". Take pics if you're allowed to. And above all, have a great weekend. The weather should be good all weekend long.

Deanna said...

Hope you are feeling better - nasty ol' head cold! Did you get the bottle of soap I sent you? Wouldn't want you to drop that soap while in prison ya know....HUGE huggsssssssssssssssssssssss

LadyStyx said...

*HUGZ*

*sits over in the "I'm not well" corner with iggy*

Rita said...

Wow! How much do they charge for the tours? I hope you can take pictures! Al Capone's cell, etc. Where did they keep the cat murdering dog? Interesting trip, I bet. Bring us with! Bring us with!

I see where you got your little cone man stamps--hehe! They are cute. And the Iggy Apparel shop is a hoot! I hope you are feeling better? Dress warmly for the cold, dank prison tour. :):)

Dorkys Ramos said...

Are they finally locking you up for being completely off your rocker? And hope you feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Feel better!!!!!

Umm...have fun at prison tomorrow, I guess?

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Perfect for a warm day... Or for a day when you just fancy some ice-cream and sherbert for whatever strange reason. ;)

betty said...

hope you feel better soon; those head colds/illnesses are never fun to deal with

now I'm curious why you are visiting the pen? community service, volunteering? an awesome ministry if you are....

the "cone" dessert sounds yummy! i love these types of concoctions

take care of yourself

betty

betty said...

oh....I checked out Eastern Penn's site, so its like a museum?? should be fascinating to explore

betty

Martha said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well - hope you didn't catch it from me and my family! ;-)

No problem that you didn't feel well enough to join the party until this morning, it was a slumber party so the party continues today!

Thanks for leaving us your orange cone recipe. One of these days we're going to have to throw a cone party!

Have a great time in prison - gosh we don't get to say that very often do we?! ;-)

Passion Fruit said...

Cone shaped food? Who could ever resist that. I think I'm going to be coning other stuff, too, not only ice cream. Rice for example.

jmt said...

I hope by Monday you are feeling better?