Monday, September 28, 2009

Premiere Issue - Now Available

I apologize for the last entry. I'm going to be taking a break for a bit.
---------------------------------

When I got to the office today, I found the Pointy Hair Boss saying, "I give this magazine the top rating possible! Four Running Little Iggys!" and the Beauty Queenies oooohing and ahhhing like little teenage girls over a new magazine that came in the mail over the weekend.


Not knowing the OCHAs (Orange Cone Head Aliens) to be big on dogs; I mean, they probably get peed on more than anything when a dog has anything to do with them; I investigated a little more closely.

magazine cover shot: Doogy Poop, the 411 on all things dog, october 2009 www.doggypoop.com, picture of Koda the Corgi with columns Ask Arnold Anything, Cat Dartboard: picture of the month, Exclusive interview with Koda the Corgi, Hot new products for the fall from barkingdales, Doggone Doggy Breath: Does Your Front End Smell Like Your Back End?, Little Wiener? How To Be A BIG Dog! To sniff or not to sniff proper butt greetings, how do you doo-doo? Making friends at the park, mailing label to Doctor Alwas Denutter, Healthy Canine Hospital and Spa, 4 milkbone lane, Scooby doocy ville
Excerpts from "Exclusive! Interview with Koda the Corgi"

Koda: "I really like laying out in the sunshine in my full naked glory. I don't burn at all and just lap up all things solar. I really want to get some of those really cool blue mirror sunglasses someday..."

Koda: "Some days, just for fun, Adok the dog in the mirror, and I like to go around pretending we are each other but then I start to feel bad because Adok never gets any doggy treats."

Koda: "The highlight of my year was going to Florida and just chillin' with the lil' gators. I even got a hole in one playing mini-golf. It was really nice coming home to my peeps though."

Koda: "I want to meet Castellan Keroberous, the worlds finest West Highland White Terrier, and knock back some Guinness goodness with him while puttin' down the Queen's mangy flea-bitten mutts. Now those Corgis are spoiled rotten! Oh! and I sure hope he lets me call him Kero."

Koda: "I'd like to give a shout out to RJ, Toby, Bachman, Pesto, Pargo, KatyLou and Whiskey! You the dogs!"

You will find this magazine at discerning veterinarian waiting rooms everywhere.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! So that would make my mirror image 'ayay'?


Enjoy your break. :(

betty said...

first of all; I'm so sorry you are taking a break; I will definitely miss you, but I know you need to do what is best for you

second of all, you totally rock with this entry; Koda is humbled (well not really, he's a corgi, humble does not describe them) but I am just so touched at such a cute entry featuring that spoiled pooch! thank you so much for doing it; it was a great morning laugh and one I needed this morning for sure :)

PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can help you with; you will be in my thoughts/prayers

do come back as soon as you can, okay???

betty

betty said...

I know you are taking a break, but do come and see Koda's journal today if you feel like it; we just want to say thanks again!!! (and I promise Koda NEVER does his business on an orange cone); they are his friends :)

take care of yourself........

betty

Anonymous said...

*Hugs*

Great entry. Kero enjoyed this one too! :)

Oh, and Koda... Kero says you can call him Kero if you want, as long as you don't call him too late for any treats being handed out. ;)

Yankee Girl said...

You do not have to apologize for your last post. You are honest and open and that is one of the reasons we all love you so much.

Although you will be missed, I do hope you enjoy the break and find some serenity. I will be thinking about you.

And where can I get my lifetime subscription to the magazine????

Martha said...

That is great..... took me a minute to realize that adok is koda backwards! I'm a little slow today!

I commend you for being able to put your feelings into words, I mentioned that on your last post. I think I need to start another anonymous blog where I can share what I am really feeling somedays! Today being one of 'em! This too shall pass!

Hurry back, and you've got my email address

MarmiteToasty said...

Dont you EVER apolise for anything you post..... good or bad, happy or sad.... I savour every single word you write...

Now please tell me that dog magazine aint for real?

(((((Iggy)))))) gently hugs ya and tells ya 'everything is gonna be ok' believe me, Im British :) - know you are loved beyond measure..

x

AliceKay said...

You have quite the imagination.

*sends you a hug*

Deanna said...

Whiskey insists I subscribe. He seems to think I have a thing or two to learn about dogs.

And Iggy - you are you - and we want all of you. Every word you write is magic. The dark posts are heart wrenching and very real. TheY tell the story of not only yourself but of what many are going through. And you express those feelings in ways most can't. Your dark entries let us know that we are not alone in our own darkness.

Enjoy your break but please don't stay away long. You will be missed! HUGE HUGS!

yellowdoggranny said...

if my dogs could talk all they would say is..feed me...let me out, let me in..feed me..and rub the belly..now

JennyMac said...

never apologize for being forthright in your opinion. Its your blog, IG, and it should be a reflection of all parts of you.

Sorry to hear you will be taking a break but I am sending 1000 positive thoughts your way.

Matty said...

Never apologize for expressing your feelings and thoughts.

Mine are with you.

Dawn said...

Great interview...

Martha said...

By the sound of today's adorable entry I think you must be feeling better? Koda sure is popular on blogs isn't he? First a vacation to Florida and now this! :-)

Anonymous said...

I loved that!!

I'm sorry your taking a break Iggy just when I founded you again :o(
Take care and I hope you will be ok and have some fun times on your break.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Boo to your break! But I understand the need to step away to catch your breath and regain a better perspective on things. I sure hope it helps and we'll be right here when you return.

Toby says, "Holler!" to the shout out :)

Cookie said...

Funny! Koda said I HAD to come check out the cones.

Karla said...

All I can say is what you said to me..Don't pull away from us..you have many many friends and we love you.

((((((HUGS))))))

and don't apologize for any blogs you post. As Deanna said once..who better to go to than your friends when you have problems.

LadyStyx said...

*sneaks in quietly to hug ya*

*sneaks out just as quietly...*

MarmiteToasty said...

*trips ladyX up as she sneaks in, just for a laff LOL.... that will put a smile of Iggys face lol.....

x

AliceKay said...

Yep, that should do it, MarmiteToasty. LOL

Deanna said...

Falls over Styxie, Marmie, and AK. Dang ladies! don't ya know better than to litter the floor. Grabs another huge hug. Missin' you Iggy.

Rita said...

I agree--you should feel free to be yourself and express whatever you are feeling or going through. You do express yourself so well, too--and put into words many of our own similar thoughts and emotions. When you need a break, tho--you need a break. So--refuel and refresh your soul. I will miss your light shining all the way over here to Fargo. But--wait-wait--I think--yes--yes! I can still see your light even when you are silent over there in PA. Be tender with yourself. We are patient. :):)

sugarlens said...

Hugs and Kisses.

--Pargo & Pesto

Deanna said...

Hey Iggy - Whiskey says he misses you too.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Well, hurry back from your break!

Anonymous said...

HUGS HUGS HUGS I miss you Iggy!!!
I wanted you to know I included you in a blog award thingy on me blog hun.

jmt said...

I'm just happy to see that you're not taking a break from commenting. It means you're still around. ;)