Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tarzan's Cousin, Chuckzan!

As I wrote previously, I had some excitement on Monday evening while walking in Valley Forge National Historic Park. I saw a bunch of wild squirrels and I started seeking one to take a photograph. Remembering to be polite and to say "please", I approached at least fifteen different squirrels and most of them ran off before I could even ask if I could take a photograph.

Gosh, these wild critters are so nervous, unpredictable or jumpy, they are sure squirrelly! But, finally, at long last, I did get one fellow to cooperate.

a grey squirrel out on a branch

No sooner than I had taken the picture I heard this God-awful yelling behind me! It sounded like

"AAaaaAAaaaAAAaaahhhh corRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRooorooooRRRrrrrrrrn!!!"

I quickly turned and saw a shadow flashing by me on the ground... I took the quick, reflexive shot, not knowing how it would come out... And this is what I got!

a picture of a shadow of me hanging on a vine!

It was Chuckzan! The King of the Squirrels swinging on a vine!! Well, his shadow anyway...

12 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

That's a fat squirrel!!!

I had a pet squirrel once. It stayed outside, but would come running when I went out. He sat on my shoulder, nuzzled my neck and let me hand feed him peanuts. The poor thing drowned though. Thank you for reminding me of that!

Intense Guy said...

Gee Queenie... I'm sorry my post reminded you of a drowned squirrel.

MarmiteToasty said...

Crikey, it was be squirrel central today lol...... Ive just sat down on the computer.... first time today.... and clicked onto the Dingleberry newspaper site I comment on and low and behold..... just go look at the photo of the day... you might have to scroll down if its no longer near the top.....

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/

I will never ever beable to see a squirrel without have fond smiles of you......

Your photo is great though....

x

Karla said...

*Applauds Iggy* You finally got your pic!!! Proud of you hon!!!! *hugs*

AliceKay said...

Great pic of the squirrel.

There was a squirrel running across the power lines when I was walking to my car after work today. He stopped at the electric pole, chattered a bit, then went on his merry way.

yellowdoggranny said...

I want what you been smokin'

Lainie said...

Awesome shot. What a chubbo. He must have been eating real good all winter. Good job Iggy. Patience has it's rewards.

Celticspirit said...

I can't even drive down our street without having at least one squirrel run in front of my car. And by the way, I do brake for them. I can't make no promises however if there were another vehicle behind me when the squirrel was in front of my car. I'd just have to drive on forward (with eyes closed) and hope for the best! ;)

Deanna said...

You're da man! What a fat fellow! Chuckzan... lmao you are TOO much! No wonder we all love you.

LadyStyx said...

*lafffz*!!! This entry was a great way to start my "morning".


PS....this entry *just* showed up in my reader 5 hours ago....

ChicagoLady said...

Same as Ladystyx, this post didn't show up in my list until yesterday. Darn Blogger Following!

Awesome picture of Charlie! If they think he's fat, they should see a pregnant female. You were so polite, and I'm sure they appreciated you asking politely first.

Anonymous said...

*Grins* It's posts like this that make your blog so much fun to read. :)