Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sunday Morning Walk

The entry dedicated to Gypsy-Heart who understands the power of light.

A picture of a corn field harvested last fall, lies fallow in a heavy spring mist - the mist and the light rising from the field, and the empty bird house in the foreground seem to show promising signs of coming life - the energies seem to be pouring out of the earth, and even the damp soil smelled good that morning

The Earth Awakens
Taken with a cellphone camera, Sunday, March 29th, 2009.


14 comments:

Melissa said...

What a Captivating photo!

LadyStyx said...

~nice~!!

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow.... great photo...... what that little square black thing though?

x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image, Iggy. You captured both the light and the mist!

Thank you for sharing your world.

~gypsy-heart

Ps On the subject another form of energy and light...I was told that I am an attractor of lightning! :O If it is anywhere near my hair will stand straight up. So when that happens even if the sky is blue everyone runs...AWAY from me! Maybe I should move from Florida. eh, eh

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh! What a pretty picture!! And with a cellphone?? Amazing!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Wow that looks great (and semi-creepy). Love the mist in the distance. What kind of phone is it anyway because my current cell is not nearly as good.

AliceKay said...

Beautiful shot. I can see the colors of the rainbow in the fog in the top part of the photo.

Intense Guy said...

Marmite - the black thing is a bird house for the smaller birds - the park rangers put them up every 50 yards or so along the edges of the fields for the smaller birds like the Tree Swallows and Bluebirds. The placard on the side has a record of what sort of bird has nested in it - they update it each winter when the house is vacant.

Dorkys, the cell phone is a two year old, LG VX8300. I've been astonished by the pictures this camera takes - I've had lots of "accidentally came out pretty nice" pictures.

Karla said...

That is one of the most awesome pictures I have ever seen! Just beautiful!

Deanna said...

I love the light shining through the mist. Kind of eerie.

yellowdoggranny said...

oooooooooooh!loverly!


i had to get up way early today to take my friend to desoto for eye apt. the great part was the beautiful sunrise...skybluepink...my favorite color.

ChicagoLady said...

What an awesome early morning photo! This is why I wish I were a morning person, so I could enjoy the beginning of the day, when everything goes from darkness to reaching for the light.

Anonymous said...

*Smiles*

Lainie said...

Beautiful and puzzle worthy!