When I found this huge Wrinkled Black Beatlejuicean Worm lying in the mud after a rain in Heebner Green Space Park I just knew it was time to go fishing!

My gosh, this worm is about a foot in diameter and 12-14 feet long! With great effort, I hauled it up to the car and tied it on the roof rack.

I put it on a huge hook with an anchor chain-like leader and tossed it over the side into the warm Gulf Stream waters. I had barely pulled the tab on my Caffiene-Free Diet Coke (just what is the point of this drink anyway?) when Ker-POW! A huge hungry Marine Orange Striped Barrel (MOSB) took the bait. jumping clear out the water in its eagerness to devour the worm!
Man! The seagulls went wild! If you look closely enough, you will see a big shark has taken a bite out of the dorsal area of the fighting MOSB.

It took me hours of labor, grinding away at the big ol' Penn Reel, to pull this MOSB in close to the boat! The Captain, the Mate and I spent a few rushed huddled minutes trying to decide how to put this beast into the boat's icebox!

After many hours of intense fishing, we finally got my catch back to the dock where some goofy tourist posed next to it while I was in the marina store getting some burn cream for my sunburn and some lotion for my weary muscles.

I hope the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) approves my application for World Record MOSB! Or perhaps I should have applied at the Intergalactic Game Fish Association for a Multi-World Record?

12 comments:
*lafffz* How many times I gotta tell you...walk UPWIND of Limerick!
LMAO! Someone had too much time on their hands today...
Thanks for giving me a good laugh today.
*Snorting tea out me nose* oh my oh my, what a post to wake up to lmfao
x
ohhhhhh I love it!!!! what a catch!!! (did you filet it or just fry it whole?)
I am wondering how big a frying pan had to be to cook that sucker. Perhaps just put it on a huge spit and cook it over an open fire? And how much tartar sauce and/or lemons does one buy for such a catch? The world may never know.
Ah, I'm not sure you did the right thing here. That Wrinkled Black Beatlejuicean Worm looks pretty tasty in itself!
The comments are about as funny as the post. Thanks for the laugh of the day!
If you scratch your bum constantly it could be a sign of 'worms' :) always wash your hands lol
x
So, it's MOSB pie for tea tonight then? ;)
you sure you weren't in texas when you caught that?
They have MOSB's in Texas?? *rethinks her trip to Texas*
LMAO Jess! Just gnaw on it like my dog used to gnaw on rawhide.
Post a Comment