
What this law has lead to in New Jersey is a proliferation of "foreigners" that either do not, cannot or won't speak proper, understandable English pumping gas.
But little did I know, until roving Photojournalist LadyStyx captured it on digital film for all posterity, that my little orange traffic cone buddies were pumping gas at near slave labor wages.
I can only imagine what an OCHA sounds like when they ask you, "Fill her up with regular no-lead?"
I went to a website called the Dialectizer and try it out.
I think an OCHA sounds most like Elmer Fudd, "Fiww hew up wif weguwaw no-wead?" or perhaps like a Swedish Chef, "Feell her up veet regooler nu-leed?"
I'm don't know if the red or blue cement heads can actually speak... They literally seem as dumb as posts.

10 comments:
how educational! I would never have guessed there are states with no 7-Elevens! But for an OCHA to pump sounds more dangerous than for a human to! Can they even pick up the nozzle? I've never seen hands on them before! Wonder where they keep them hidden?
LOL Thanks for making me laff this morning. On my way to pain management!
who knew?...I lived in Oregon and don't remember that I couldn't pump my own gas..how weird..here in texas little old lady's in there 90's pump their own gas..
I knew a girl once who moved to VA from NJ and didn't know how to pump gas. We all thought it was pretty funny that a grown woman in her twenties never pumped her own gas before.
I had NO idea NJ and Oregon had laws prohibiting us lowly humans who were never given proper instructions from pumping gas. This is good information cuz if I had pulled into a NJ gas station and someone had approached me, I would have probably run for it thinking I was going to be robbed.
LOL at the OCHA thingie. You gave me my laugh for the day. Huggsssssss!
Maybe someone should try approaching one of the OCHA's to see what type of accent they have. LMAO at the blue and red cement heads being dumb as posts!
I never knew there were states with no self-serve laws! I don't even know if we have any stations here that offer full serve. I remember several years ago, I was in CA, with my aunt and uncle, and they stopped at a full/self-serve station. I was amazed that there were any full serve left! I remember them as a kid, but once I was driving they had pretty much disappeared.
I suspect the red ones were the station's version of the Buckingham guards. The blue ones, maintenance attendance.
LOL!
It's nice that they are out working and contributing to society. I wonder why they aren't wearing their Shell Answer Man hats, though.
I use to love it when there were petrol stations here that would have a little old man waddle out and ask ya how much petrol ya wanted and ya didnt even have to get out ya car LOL
lazy bastard that I am :)
x
I posted a comment here last night but it didn't go thru because I must have been trying during their outage. Then my night just went kinda crazy after that. :\
We have a couple of full service stations around here. I usually fill up at one in Wysox on Friday afternoons while out shopping, but last week I was hurrying because I had to be to work at noon and didn't. Wished I had tho. Gas has jumped up to $2.10 a gallon here this week. And normally, the price at both self-serve and full service stations are the same. (so why get your hands dirty if you dont have to?)
I knew New Jersey didn't have self-serve stations because I've been there several times. Never been to Oregon, tho. Doubt if I ever will.
(those OCHAs need to form a union for better wages)
Post a Comment