Monday, March 2, 2009

First its Doggy Mitts... and Now its...

While I was in the Florida Keys, I stopped into the beautiful (and very expensive) World Wide Sportsman store in Islamorada. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this!

a shopping cart with a sign on it that says doggy cart and a sign explaining its use

I'm sorry the picture didn't come out all that well in the intense Florida sun - but the sign says something to the effect that all dogs are welcomed in the store IF they are Service Dogs, carried in your arms, OR put in the special Doggy Cart!

I didn't see any carts in use in the store but next time... :) I was tempted to ask if you had to use a Doggy Mitt if the poor pooch had an accident while scoping out the merchandise.

This store is gorgeous inside - click the link up at the top for interior pictures.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL...Doggy Cart. I thought only crazy girl celebs were this crazy with their rat dogs.

LOL

LadyStyx said...

*lafffz* oh my!

Anonymous said...

I saw a doggy buggy ("doggy stroller" to you) once. It even had a rain cover. I showed it to Kero, because he was with me and he hid behind me... I don't think he liked the idea of riding in one.

AliceKay said...

Wow...nice looking store, and yes, it does look very expensive. Love the displays tho.

Doggy carts! What will they think of next? OCHA carts?

MarmiteToasty said...

We was gobsmacked at all the dog things doodles had for there pets, we even saw a dog buggy/stroller LMFAO...... to dam funny......

and its not fair, if they have doggie carts then they should surely have chickent carts :) - equal opportunities and all that..

That shops seems a little like LLBean in Freeport where me and our Jacob spent hours and HOURS lol.... you do have fantastic shops over there especially as I DONT like shopping LOL well, unless its for pressies for others..

x

sugarlens said...

I love that! I wish I lived at a more dog-friendly place. Over here, we can't even bring dogs to outdoor DC monuments/memorials

Psssh.

Yankee Girl said...

I would have a very hard time keeping my dog in that cart!

And I am trying to be careful with my "personal leave." I told my boss I am leaving early on Friday but am planning on getting all of my hours in before I leave. Thanks for the concern!

And I love the Keys, keep posting pictures so I have something to daydream about!

Deanna said...

I was surprised when I clicked on the link to see the Worldwide Sportsman is a Bass Pro Shop. Anytime we go to Branson, we always stop at Bass Pro in Springfield, MO. It is absolutely unbelievable with the huge fish tanks, fishing demonstrations, stuffed animals, restaurant, etc. However, there is no doggie carts! I guess we aren't in a high falutin' enough area for such things.

This is where they got their humble beginnings in 1971. When Jim and I got married in 1972 we actually stopped at the liquor store described below:

"In 1971 young Johnny Morris, frustrated by the lack of tackle in local stores, rented a U-Haul trailer and took off across the country filling it with the newest premium fishing tackle he could find.

When he returned home to Springfield, Missouri, Johnny started in the fishing business with eight feet of space in his dad’s liquor store which became a popular stopping-off place for local and out-of-state fishermen on the way to the Ozark’s famous bass lakes" (from the Bass Pro web site)

whimsical brainpan said...

That is cool!

ChicagoLady said...

Now I know where to take Iggy if he ever comes to Chicago. Bass Pro Shops up at the outlet mall. Or maybe Cabelas? LOL

I've never seen a "doggy cart" before. What some people will do for their pets...