Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Depression is...

a wordle image made from the poem below

Depression is like a tidal wave pulling you further in.
You don't feel up to facing anyone or anything.

Depression is a huge emphasis on feeling sad and low.
You feel like you're in a dark place with nowhere else to go.

Depression is like you're falling deeper into a black hole.
Your mind feels violated and as though you have no control.

Depression is having little energy or lack of motivation.
You feel tired and don't want to engage in conversation.

Depression is used in the wrong context by naive people.
They don't understand the seriousness of how it affects people.

Depression is isolation, withdrawal, low self-esteem and more.
You will never understand it unless you've been through it before.

- Lauren White

12 comments:

Deanna said...

Depression is a medical condition, not a choice. Depression is when you need your friends the most, even if you don't feel like talking. Huge hugs to a dear friend. My wish for you and all my bloggy friends is for sunny, cheery days in the coming weeks and only good, positive thoughts.

Karla said...

*hugsssssssssss* Iggy. Punkn is right. And all of our blogger friends/online friends know if any of you need another one just yell. We will be there in a heatbeat!

Dorkys Ramos said...

I understand.

Anonymous said...

Oh I do SO understand the meaning, Iggy.

Good energies and peace of heart to you.

Namaste',

~gypsy-heart

Ps I emailed you. :)

Anonymous said...

So true. So true

yellowdoggranny said...

I've been extremely lucky..I've had things happen in my life that left me depressed..but my lenght of depression is about 4-5 days..and then because I have what one of my longest friends said " a happy heart" I snap out it..it took me many years to realize not everyone is like me and for some it's a darker deeper feeling..

MarmiteToasty said...

(((((Iggy)))))) know you are loved..... Im here if you need me to listen.... I have huge dumbo ears that flap in the wind....

Sometimes having a hand to hold when your fighting the tide, just sometimes, it keeps one afloat....

Dont make me come over there and drag you out to dinner :) - or send you a bucket of snot..

Know you are in my thoughts....buzzing around me head like a wasp....

x

LadyStyx said...

*HUGZ*!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very good poem.

sugarlens said...

Awww...I am giving you a virtual hug. :)

ChicagoLady said...

According to the commercials, depression hurts. I've never felt that though. Do you?

whimsical brainpan said...

I can grok it.