Sunday, February 9, 2014

The lights are back on




I have been dog-sitting this past week - Jane the Beagle - she braved the power outage with me and although she shivered - stood up to the cold like a trooper. She is snoring away in front of an electric heater.
Her people are returning tomorrow.

20 comments:

Rita said...

So glad you are both safe and warm now. Must have been wonderful to have such cuddly company! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your company needs her own jacket! Glad you are warm at your house now. Hope you didn't have any water damage from broken pipes:)

Parsley said...

Oh what a sweet pup! You just melted my heart IG. Your a dog sitter too! :-)

Parsley said...

You're...not your

Jacqi Stevens said...

So glad you and Jane the Beagle are past that shivery week! What an episode. No reruns on that one, please :)

betty said...

I'm glad the power is back on; if one had to weather such an event, I'm glad you had someone to weather it with; Jane looked like a wonderful companion to be with you!

betty

Deanna said...

Imagine the life of our ancestors.... of course they were equipped for no power because, well... they had no power!

I'm glad yours is back on and your buddy and you didn't freeze. Once again I ask, will this winter ever end?

Hang in there!

Furry Bottoms said...

Didn't you enjoy your time with her? I bet you did!!! She looks content. I bet you are too, ahhhhh

AliceKay said...

Jane looks comfy. :)

I'm glad the heat is back on and your house is warm again. I hope you don't find any problems with the water pipes.

(psst...looks like another storm is gonna hit us Thursday)

*hugs*

Mimi said...

glad you got your heat back on.

it sounds so nasty out there this winter!

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you are safe. See your company is very cool and relaxing itself.

yellowdoggranny said...

so glad you have power...scary scary weather out there.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Cute dog. Sorry you had a power outage.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Primitive Stars said...

Such a trooper, what a sweetie, Keep Warm, Francine.

jewelrybyrebecca said...

What a cutie!!!! I'm hoping this next snow blast is not so harsh. Stay warm!

ChicagoLady said...

What a cutie! Looks like she would be really good company.

Queenie Jeannie said...

How nice you had a friend to be with!!! Hopefully your power wasn't out too long - NO FUN!! Maybe thinking of getting a dog of your own??? Warm hugs!

Annesphamily said...

What a cutie! I have two sleeping near me now! Tiger, our kitten and Bandit, Jeremy's little rat terrier! They are funny sleeping side by side! They like the bed because we turn up the electric blanket! LOL! Snow predicted again for us! Sigh!
I am hoping you have your power back! Gosh we take a lot for granted. Power is something we don't think a lot about until it is gone! Hope everyone is well. Take care

Pamela said...

Will you be so lonesome without her?

Martha said...

Ah, she looks sweet. Yea, I think you need a dog!