Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cold and Dark


My house has no power or heat. Many roads are closed with fallen trees. I am at my parents so I am warm - but in distress.
Hopefully my neighbors are okay.

18 comments:

Parsley said...

I am so sorry!!! No fun!

sugarlens said...

wow, glad to hear that you are at least safe up there! my brother is up in your area...i haven't heard anything about no power or heat...

betty said...

Oh wow! I just have been hearing how many people don't have power; sorry you are one of them, Iggy. I can see why you are distressed. However, I am happy that you are somewhere safe and sound and that your parents have power (I know its hard, but it would be harder I think if they were the ones without power). Hope it gets restored soon.

betty

Rita said...

I am so glad you made it to your folks' place!! I hope all your neighbors are okay. Keep in touch!! :)

AliceKay said...

I saw on the news where your area had power outages. I hope they get the power back soon, for your sake as well as your neighbors and friends. You and I both know what happens in homes when power is out for very long in these cold temps. *hugs*

Mary said...

Oh my! That just sounds awful. I'm glad your in a warm place and I hope your friends and neighbors will be OK.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have been thinking of you since I saw the news this morning. All the ice and big limbs on power lines. No fun. I hope your plumbing and water lines will be okay at your house.
Calm down and take it one day at a time:)

Jacqi Stevens said...

Oh, NO! That is distressing! I hope it turns out to be fixable sooner than the news reports! Wish there was something I could do for you...glad you have a warm home to go to while you ride out this one. Keep us posted!

Deanna said...

Oh my goodness! I was wondering if you were affected. That is definitely distressing. I am so glad you have a place to go. Ice is so unforgiving - in every way.
I am hoping you don't end up with any frozen pipes out of this deal. I wish someone could tell me what we all did to piss off Mother Nature Now breathe deep, count to ten million and know that everything is going to be ok. Ok? Huge huge hugs!

Dorkys Ramos said...

I hope you guys get power and heat soon! That can't be fun with all this cold and snowy weather we've been having. Stay cozy!

ChicagoLady said...

Stay warm and hopefully they get the power back on soon, before you have any problems with the pipes.

*HUGS*

LadyStyx said...

Damn. Heard on the news down this way that many areas up there won't have power until at least Saturday. That sucks... bigtime. Stay safe, warm and hug the folks for us.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are in the cold and dark! I've heard so many bad things about the weather out there. Are you in distress because you're worried about your neighbors or because you just want to be home? I hope you're feeling okay.

jewelrybyrebecca said...

OMG!!! I didn't realize... Sorry to hear. I hope things get back on track fast!!!
Take care my friend. Praying for a speedy safe return home.

yellowdoggranny said...

oh sweetie..I'm so sorry..hope it warms up soon and yo can go home..

Mimi said...

what a mess! I hope they fix this soon!

http://mimitabby.com

Annesphamily said...

Oh goodness I hope you have the power back! What a mess especially in the blasted cold weather everyone is getting. Take care and stay warm!

Pamela said...

truly makes me feel guilty -- as our winter has been much less traumatic. Saw a joke the other day about your winter back there... Said mother nature was bi-polar.

Not so funny to those of you who have lived in the biting cold.