Sunday, March 9, 2014

Terribly Late

During this long, cold winter, I was blessed with some sunshine in my mailbox. Anne, of PhamilyBlog sent me a package, a giveaway gift several weeks ago. I am ashamed to say it took me so long to get this entry posted. The gift had some sleepy time tea in it, so perhaps that is why? The cold weather definitely makes me want to go to sleep ala Rip Van Winkle, until Spring arrives!

Also inside the package were some Colorado-themed playing cards, a 2014 lighthouse calendar, a big bag of Boyer's coffee (perhaps I need to drink more of this to "counteract" the sleepy time tea?) and you know, it might sound odd, but the items were packed with newspapers from Colorado - and I found a few "funny pages" with comics, crossword puzzles, and Sudoku puzzles!

You may have noticed in my Flickr account, a fair number of lighthouses - well, my parents are "lighthouse fanatics" and will go to great lengths to see and visit them. They have even traveled to England, Ireland, and Wales to see some of them. Most recently, they visited the lighthouse in Jupiter, Florida.



The wonderful giveaway gift!

My mom standing next to a light house made from glass beer bottles, Carrabelle, Florida


Thank you Anne!! Your giveaway gift is super! Thank you so much!!

17 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looking gifts! That beer bottle lighthouse is awesome:)

Rita said...

Great gifts!
Spring is around the corner, my friend! Soon! Soon! :)

Jacqi Stevens said...

Wow, your folks have traveled far and wide in their pursuit of lighthouses! Impressive! I guess it's a snap they've been to Montauk Point...the only lighthouse I've ever visited (and was taken there, kicking and screaming, incidentally).

Hoping the weather will shape up and you will get some spring weather soon!

betty said...

How cool with your parents liking lighthouses! (neat one here to see in Point Loma).

Sounds like a good giveaway you won; great gifts! I do hope spring is kinder than winter has been for you and there are plenty of warm enjoyable days coming soon!

betty

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Congrats on winning the giveaway! How fun that your parents are able to travel to visit various lighthouses! I love them as well, but have not had the chance to visit many.

Hope you are doing well! I don't get on my blog near as often as I like to lately!

Annesphamily said...

I am glad you got some of those gifts. I tohught the COlorado Boyer COffee CO. and the Celestial Seasoning, Boulder based tea co. gifts would be great. Now I thought I had a key ring. Hmm....I better look around for it. But just glad you have power and you are safe. We flew in this morning from NYC watching Nick run at the Armory. Although he did not qualify for finals it was an amazing trip and wonderful opportunity to see him run in a place where two weeks ago Bernard Lagat an Olympian ran! Lagat is also Nick's favorite runner. I hope you stay safe and warm. we got out of New York just has more snow was predicted and comign home to more snow here on Tuesday! LOL, take care.

Parsley said...

How nice. Anne is a sweetheart. Enjoy!

sugarlens said...

Agree -- this winter has made me extra sleepy too. Luckily spring is almost here, and hopefully warmer weather too. Love that your parents are fans of lighthouses!

Martha said...

What a great package you received. All really awesome things!
I was on your Flickr the other day... the reason I remembered I had not been here for some time!

Hopefully spring is on it's way sooner rather than later at this point!

ChicagoLady said...

I think a combination of the terrible winter and lack of sleep M-F leads me to sleep most of the weekends away. Hopefully as spring comes, daylight lasts longer, and the temperatures get warmer, I will get some energy back.

Furry Bottoms said...

All I want to do is sleep too!

AliceKay said...

Nice gifts. You have some great friends. (i think i need some of that sleepytime tea)

I love lighthouses, too. I really enjoy seeing your pictures of lighthouses in far away places...places I know I will never see in person but can enjoy through your eyes. Keep 'em coming. :)

Tattered and Lost said...

Well I'm with your folks when it comes to lighthouses. I love them. Of course I've only been to the ones along the West coast. I keep marking them off as I visit. But there's one off the coast that you can't get to. Sits out in the ocean on a rock. I won't be putting it on my "to do list" since there's no chance of getting there.

jewelrybyrebecca said...

Nice! That's a great winter-pick-me-up. I know what you mean Mr. Winkle. Zzzzzz.

yellowdoggranny said...

sorry I haven't been around, but as you I B sick..getting better, especially after your great get well card..luff you.

Mimi said...

love that little lighthouse! I Love folk art.. it helps brighten up a neighborhood!

Deanna said...

Awwwww that is so sweet! What is it about light houses that fascinate? I'll admit that I although I wouldn't go to the lengths that your parents do to see a lighthouse, I do love them.