Friday, August 2, 2013

First Cousin - 3x Removed

Recently, I came across an interesting item while "Googling" one of my grandfather's 1st cousins (and Franklin Mousley's brother), Marshall Mousley ( 10 June 1900 - September 1984).  His WWI sailor's hat was found in a flea market!  I don't know who the women are - the names are not clearly legible.






A "fellow" blogger, Jacqi prompted me to do this search "just for the heck of it"!  You never know what you might find! I goggled the address in Trenton - it is now the "Reading Senior Citizen's Center. I'm going to try to find out what was there in 1919.

14 comments:

Parsley said...

Curious...are those the names of his girlfriends? Oh I love a good mystery!

Rita said...

Now if that isn't proof that goggling is an interesting pastime I don't know what is! Let us know what else you find out. :)

Jacqi Stevens said...

What a GREAT find...and chance to find even more! Good luck on checking up on those addresses. Wish there was a reverse directory for the 1920 census to see who lived around there then. I wonder if the Steve Morse website would be a help there...

Furry Bottoms said...

How neat that in all of places, the hat was found in a flea market?! So cool when you have a tangible historic item to hold. I have a dresser that I will never give away. It belonged to my great-grandma and was passed on down to me. After owning it for about 30 years, I finally, unexpectedly found a business card for the person who built the dresser or owned it, not sure. It was so old the address was just 123, Los Angeles... before addresses became more complex. All you had to say was the name of a place and the city. And darn, I LOST that business card! I never found that business card for 30 years because the second drawer opens up into a desk with little cubbyholes. The card was wedged in tight somewhere before it decided to fall out.

Martha said...

So cool Iggy! Have you ever had anyone who recognized something respond to things you have posted on your blog? My dad's family was from Jersey - mostly in Orange and Trenton. Our ancestors may have been neighbors!

Martha said...

PS - Thanks for your kind comments about my son. We are hanging in there :)

AliceKay said...

Good luck in finding out what was located there back in 1919. I'm sure you'll found out soon. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great find...he had two gals! What a guy! I hope you find something that helps make a connection:)

Deanna said...

Huh? Not one but two women's names in his hat? Oh wouldn't you want to find a diary to go with that hat so you could piece this mystery together. If anyone can find more information on that address, it is you!

BTW I jumped for joy when I read your email and your successes!

ChicagoLady said...

Very cool! I can't wait to hear what you find out.

Lickety Splitter said...

Ooooo ... and the plot thickens.

yellowdoggranny said...

damn..my mind is taking me lots of places now.

Pamela said...

It makes one wonder if we are leaving anything to solve for those who follow us

Pamela said...

I suppose it couldnt be Willamina?