I was tickled to find some flowers had flowered - one of my favorites, Daffodils, or Jonquil (as my folks endlessly argue over which name should be used.) Narcissus jonquilla, or as I call them, daffy-dills were in abundance.
And so were the bugs!
Huge bugs...
![]() |
| A Daddy Long Legger! In the Redwood Grove. |
![]() |
| Praying Mantis amongst the Daffy-dills! |
![]() |
| A purposeful Ant striding through the English Meadow! |
![]() |
| A Lady Bug near the "Fernery" (a greenhouse loaded with Ferns) |
You can see the "complete set" of bugs on my Flickr page (here).
I think I wore that cap, subconsciously wanting the boating season "to get here." I am forever reminded of the lovely soul that embroidered it and some equally marvelous shirts - you know her, Punkn or Deanna of "My Loves, My Life," did them. I think she's amazing. :)
![]() |
| Embroidered Houseboat "Logo" |






10 comments:
Oh what fun art! Would have been a hoot to see you pose with one trying to 'eat' you. ;)
LOL at Parsley. What a beautiful day you must have had - insects and all. I'd love to walk through all of those Arboretum insects. You will be on the houseboat before you know it... embroidered hat and all!
wow..what a great idea.
You have some SPRING!!!! So it hasn't completely abandoned Earth then??? I miss green grass and flowers...and sun! Enjoy it all for me, OK???
What a delightful, green visit with enchanting bugs. Deanna was so sweet to embroider that hat for you. Won't be too long and you'll be back on the water. :)
Those bugs are amazing!! I loved the spider and I have never seen an Assasin bug before. Great shots of Flora and Fauna..it looks like you had a wonderful outing! :)
Cool bugs! (huge bugs, too) Nice pictures. Looks like you had beautiful weather down your way last weekend. It wasn't as nice up here. Spring hasn't sprung just yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting for it's return.
Hey, you'll be at the Water's Edge soon.
*hugs*
I think that would be a Daddy Longer Legs...
How did I miss this post? And even after asking for it! Thank you for my Easter-Walk-In-The-Park fix!
Anna would have loved to see this. She has a book - Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! - that features many of these insects!
I'm glad you had a nice day to get out among the bugs and daffy-dills. I haven't seen any real signs of spring other than the robins and a few spring-like days sprinkled among days that are more March-like.
Post a Comment