Monday, April 2, 2012

Down at the Wharf

Durn this new blogger interface!!

I know it's free, and you get what you pay for... but... jeepers.  I feel like I have six thumbs and no brains.

I was sent this photograph of the wharf this weekend. Seems that the one-legged lady and her husband were so eager for the new season to start, they have their boat, the "Animal Crackers," in the water already! 'Tis a lonely boat though. The houseboat won't be joining it until mid-May. Hopefully the dock will be repaired by then. The tape marks the spot where my Dad's fishing boat will be tied up. I'm a'hankerin' to go!
Animal Crackers

18 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

There's nothing better than spending time on the water!!!! I got just the smallest taste on Saturday and I long for more, more, more!!!

DEFINITELY going to have to check out Lake Garda this summer, as well as going back to the western coast of Italy!!!

HUGS! Blogger is a bugger, but we'll muddle through it somehow. (Til they make the next "upgrades" anyway, lol!)

Jacqi Stevens said...

Yeah, that definitely does not look like fun-on-the-water weather in that pic!

Of all people to feel all thumbs about computer interfaces...you?!?! The new Blogger must really be a bear for you to have to wrestle with it. I'm not looking forward to a change like that. I'm still cowering in my old-format cave and liking it while I still can...

betty said...

Wow boating time already! I like where the houseboat will be docked! Very scenic area!

I'm with you about Blogger; why can't they just leave things alone? And I've scheduled posts and they won't post when they are supposed to.....

oh well.....

betty

yellowdoggranny said...

I miss living by the water..I miss the pacific ocean more than I can tell you...sigh*..but I'd never leave my little abode.

AliceKay said...

Animal Crackers looks pretty lonely sitting there in the docks all alone. I know how much you love being there. Mid-May will be here before you know it. (it's already April 2nd) ;)

Rita said...

Everybody seems to want to jump the gun this spring--LOL!

I went back to the old Blogger format. I suppose it won't be too long and they'll switch me over forcibly--and I'll go kicking and screaming, I tell you! ;)

It sure would be nice if you could get the houseboat out earlier this warm spring. :)

Anonymous said...

May will be here soon at this rate, then the houseboat can keep Animal Crackers company!

The frustrating thing is, I'd have this new blogger update all figured out if it wasn't for my photo adding issue. *Sigh*

Far Side of Fifty said...

I use Live Writer..it stopped all the blogger crazys for me.
Yes I hope they get the dock fixed..summer is on it's way. I love Sundays afternoons on our kids pontoon..away from phones and people:)

Deanna said...

That first step would be a doozy ;)

It has been so warm here that we finally had to break down and turn the AC on. We had two days of 90 degree weather. Roses are already blooming. I've never seen the likes of it!

I use Live Writer for my posts. It has solved a lot of headaches.

Dorkys Ramos said...

You're so lucky you get to be so close to the sea so often. Hope the prep and launch go along smoothly!

Anonymous said...

How did I not know you had a wonderful blog all this time!????? Forgive me for having been so self centered and not come to visit sooner. I will definitely be coming back again soon.

Anonymous said...

There is something very cleansing about being in the sea air. Boating is just a way to absorb that deeper.

Around here, people boat on lakes and ponds. Nothing very cleansing about merky brown, fishy-smelling water. eew

jewelrybyrebecca said...

:) Feeling kinda all thumbs and no brains over here and nothing to blame it on.

Martha said...

Hmmm, I can't imagine any time not being water and boating time - it's good to be a Floridian!
Thanks for keeping up on my A-Z. It's so nice to reconnect :)

aladdinsane12 said...

Ooh, you must be getting excited! I wonder if they named it after the Marx Bros movie or the food...

sugarlens said...

Ugh, I don't like the new blogger interface either. That's why I am still using the old one. I am so outdated now, have no desire to learn new technology. Just like my cell phone, it's the keypad kind -- no touch screen for me.

Pamela said...

I think we need to have a party on that houseboat.
We rented one on Lake Shasta in northern California when our girls were still young. The water was really warm and at the night the dark was solid in front of your face once the boat was pushed into a dirt bank somewhere. We thought we would do it again, but never did.

We have a boat (now 17 years old) that has a v-8 engine and can pull 3 skiers. But nostly we pull tubing grandchildren on the snake river in the summer. Thats always the question on a hot summer weekend when grands are visiting. "Grandpa, will you take us tubing?" Grandpa takes very good care of that old Sea Swirl.

We could dock it to your houseboat and take everyone tubing... heh heh

LadyStyx said...

Haven't decided if I like the new interface or not, to be honest. Feels more cumbersome than it did before.

A weekend out on a boat sounds like a wonderful idea right about now...