
Here is a picture of me in the reading room with my groupies. I'm probably reading "Scientific American" although I should be reading something historical since I'm in (or very near) Valley Forge National Historic Park in this shot. The famous steel balls are out of view to the left (here, here and here).

Here is a more dignified shot - I think I was showing my coworker my new digital camera when they mistakenly took a picture. Oh well, accidents happen. The camera seemed okay afterwards, anyway.

I love being near water - ponds, lakes, creeks, oceans, it matters not what form it's in except frozen. Here I am standing in the Aegean (Mediteranean) Sea at the beach in Mykonos, Greece. I think I had a couple servings of Kataifi, Baklava and Amygdalopita too many and a couple Loukoumades thrown in to boot.

Here I am with my last dog Gypsy. She was a very smart Border Collie that I rescued from the SPCA when she was an older puppy. She was one wild maniac when I first got her - and being a Border Collie, she was meant to run around and around and around...
She often went to work with me - and went everywhere else too, once she learned that she could go, if and only if she "behaved" - being smart, this lesson didn't take her too long to absorb - but there were days when she just had to stretch her legs and "herd the wild rabbits." Those days were usually rainy ones, and usually just as we were leaving the house to go somewhere! The last time she ran off in the morning rain, I had to leave her run - she just wouldn't come - and I had a major client who wouldn't take "I'll be a little late" for an excuse.
I came home after a most anxious day - and found her sleeping quietly on welcome mat by the front door of the house. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said, "I'm sooo sooo sorry." and that was that, we never spoke of it again - and she never ran off again.

22 comments:
I guess you aren't a chicken after all. hahahaha Thanks for posting. I sure had the giggles daring you like this. So many chickens are still in the roost and won't take the dare of showing their pics. So...good for you!!!
Hey, if cameras can survive taking my photo, I think uou're fine! ;)
Glad you found Gypsy waiting for you when you got home; I guess that's one way to teach her!
Hi Iggy!!!!
Gypsy definitely was a smart dog... she knew exactly where home was! :)
I suppose this means I need to post a picture of me too... ugh...
Ahhhhh Gypsy. Love that picture of the two of you.
I had to laugh at the photo of your reading room, you funny man, you.
Huggsss
I have always admired the border collies. A very intelligent breed to be sure. PBS had a program about dogs on Sunday, I love that stuff!
Great pictures of you too. Oh How I would love to see Greece someday. I sure hope it holds up in all this unheaval that's going on.
Nice to see you, you world traveler, you!! And to see Gypsy, too! Border collies are so smart. Tons of energy!
I still think you need a fur baby of some kind. Cats aren't so bad, you know--LOL! ;)
And I have an even more recent picture of you, kiddo. ;)
Nice post. You are certainly a world traveler. The water tends to draw a lot of people to it, for one reason or another.
Gypsy sounded like a wonderful companion for you, and I know how much she meant to you. *hugs*
that face is as sweet as i knew it would be...
There you are! Aww, I remember that photo with Gyspy. She sounds like a sweetie and quite the trouble maker. And I really do need to get to Mykonos at some point. I need to make good use of that book you sent me.
Glad you didn't chicken out. ;)
Loved the picture of you and Gypsy, Iggy! Loved the story too! Oh my gosh I saw Parsley's dare, I just don't think I can do it but I am sooooo glad you did! It is nice to have a face behind the name and you were pretty much as a I pictured you (except for the beard, missed that somehow in my thinkings :)
good for you for your bravery!!
betty
Hi yas! I'm with Rita, I think you need a new fur baby!!!!
We are planning our next big trip for next year - a Greek cruise!!! That will be so much fun!!
Is there anyone you haven't been??? LOL! Hugs!
I've heard it said that dogs start looking like their owners. And sometimes it's the other way around.
Handsome pair either way!!!
Ahhh, Mykonos....It's on my "to do" list. I'm so jealous.
Gypsy does sound like she was aptly named. Maybe she got a little of that from you.
Greece!!! Wow what an awesome trip that must have been!
I had a Border Collie too once. And she was... One. Wild. Girl!
Thanks for sharing!!
Hey Iggy! Good to see your handsome mug! Gypsy sounds like she was perfect for you..Border Collies get to know their people!
Greece..never been there..but I bet it was fantastic:)
My first dog was a border collie. She like to herd CARS (and Freddy Hill cows)
So the new camera picture, is that recent? Did I miss news of a new camera?
Greece, I'm jealous!
Thanks for being such a faithful visitor! I'm catching up today, but at the advice of Wilson's Hardware on Twitter in answer to my question as to whether I should stay in and blog visit or head out with the camera... I'm heading out for a bit!
Hugs!
It is nice to put faces with blogs! Glad you were not shy. I saw that port-a-potty and thought, what the heck!!!???? LOL! My SIL works for a port-a=potty co. He can tell some stories. While setting up these beauties for the Boulder Bolder some random guy was talking his leg off. When he asked the manager if the guy worked there he said no he was homeless but hung out there for many years! It was funny because the guy knew exactly what everyone preferred. Roger works for a co. that has the really cool sinks too! Classy for the great outdoors! I noticed you have your friendly cones there with you! Hee Hee. Thanks for sharing
Yay! It's so great to finally put a face to a name! And Gypsy is adooooooorable- what a beauty! My friend used to have a dog who regularly ran off into the forest preserves to get some exercise, and he'd always punish himself when he came back by sitting in the corner and looking guilty for the rest of the day.
I absolutely adore this post, Iggy thanks so much for sharing a part of you with us!!! HUGS!!
I trying to catch up on blogs..so slow *you're next AK*
You know I'm still upset that I didn't get a picture of me and you! If you weren't taking the pictures then I was..Maybe next year *IF I can get up there again*
*hugssssssss*
and hey that port a pottie looks familiar..(the big ol alien balls place..right?)
Post a Comment