Monday, February 7, 2011

A Night at the Oscars!

Everyone is getting excited about the upcoming 83rd annual Academy Awards ceremony to take place on February 27, 2011! I know because I've spotted a number of invitations for my cone buddies come in the mail lately.

anne hathaway with an orange cone
With the lovely Anne Hathaway hosting this year's show - I know I can watch it for hours and hours and hours... and root for my buddies to win!

Best Actor in a Leading Role: Mr. OCHA Sex

Best Actress in a Leading Role: Mrs. OCHA Sex

Best Animated Feature: OCHA Man

Best Animated Short Film: Cappy Says Hello!

Best Costume Design: There She Is, Miss America!

Best Foreign Language Film: Introducing Multo-Cone

Best Makeup: Kiss Cone Gene Simmons

Best Original Song: Cones, Glorious Cones!

Best Picture: The Birth of Little Iggy

Best Sound Mixing: Fat Bottomed Cones

Best Visual Effects: Cappy Says Hello!

the OscarCHA award
Everybody is all abuzz about who will win an OsCHA award!

20 comments:

jewelrybyrebecca said...

I can't wait to see who will win but I must admit I like the see all the glamorous outfits and who is with who on the red carpet.
Go OsCHA!!! Let the count down begin.

Parsley said...

How exciting! hehehe

Furry Bottoms said...

I'll get back to you when I stop laughing!!! :)

Pamela said...

Yeah! Clap Clap Clap Clap! Appluase. Standing Ovation.
"I want to thank Iggy for never giving up on me" speeches. More applause!

Even Mr. Oscar appears excited. (oh dear, I'm kinda naughty for an old woman.)

Yankee Girl said...

Those cones are very talented and I am glad to see they are finally getting the recognition they deserve.

AliceKay said...

You have some imagination, kiddo. LOL

Rita said...

You are such a delightfully silly man! :):):)

Anonymous said...

Love it! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I can hardly wait to see who takes home the biggest award:)

Martha said...

LOL! You are the best Iggy! You brought back some good memories with this.
Thanks my cone loving friend :-)

Anne Johnson said...

My pick for best picture is Winter's Cone.

Anonymous said...

I. Cannot. Wait. To. Watch!!!!

Really, must go search for something orange to wear...preferably something in chiffon.

Joy De Vivre Design said...

I am so sad because I will be on a plane coming home during the Oscars! I should have flown on an airline that has tv on the planes. Did I mention that is my FAVORITE night of television? :(

I think Anne Hathaway is going to do a really good job though!

Lickety Splitter said...

Who knew the cones would rules the Oscars!

betty said...

LOL for this evening's laugh, Iggy. All worthy nominations and wishing all the cones sweep all the categories!!

I have to say, I thought of you as we released the cone we had sanctuaried (is that a word) in our garage the past almost two years and put it among its "kind" along the side of the street in the middle of the night (not quite but it was dark and hopefully no one saw us return property that didn't belong to us, but was temporarily kidnapped to our garage by a young adult who for some reason we can't still figure out thought it would be cool to make part of our family for that period of time. I thought of that cone the next day, wondering if he made friends with the other cones scattered along the road and if he was cold, his first night out in the elements instead of a warm garage corner. I like to imagine he is happier among friends and has made a new life. I actually miss seeing him in the corner of our garage, smiling bravely and trying to figure out how to make his escape :)

hope all is well with you :)

betty

Queenie Jeannie said...

It's so good to see you being silly again!!!

I really loved The King's Speech. It was a great, uplifting movie.

yellowdoggranny said...

i want front row seats for this event

Anonymous said...

OMG this post made me laugh whew thanks so much Iggy I sure needed it! HUGS

sugarlens said...

Luke doesn't watch Oscars, but I wonder if he will sit through it with Anna Hathaway hosting!

VICKYFF said...

Well deserved! I really enjoy your blog and am impressed by your finds. Keep it up!
Sweet memories.
Titanium Necklaces Titanium Necklaces