She has been doing this for a almost a month now and I've enjoyed thinking about her songs and about songs that "work for me"...and for Day 21 - it was name a song that you listen to when you’re happy.
I first heard this song a long, long time ago outdoors at the Mann Music Center just off the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia. The night was pleasant, the fireflies were twirling, the summer was just winding down and John Denver was on the stage - and he and the band belted out "Love is Everywhere" performed mostly on a violin.
The lilting fiddled tune stuck in my head then - and stuck in my head today long after I left a comment about it on Melissa's blog.
And I found myself wearing a smile for the first time in a long while - whistling as I drove home and letting people in (that rudely first tried to cut me off) - and in general - feeling a little better about things - because ... I see it...

Love is everywhere, I see it
You are all that you can be, go on and be it
Life is perfect, I believe it
Come and play the game with me

Open yourself to the first celebration
Open your eyes to the joy and pain
Life is the fruit of your own creation
Ev'ry new birth is a soul regained

Love is everywhere, I see it
You are all that you can be, go on and be it
Life is perfect, I believe it
Come and play the game with me

Drinkin' my life from a silver fountain
Sweetwater running to the cold salt sea
Old man moon on a white-top mountain
Sound of the wind singin' dreams for me

Love is everywhere, I see it
You are all that you can be, go on and be it
Life is perfect, I believe it
Come and play the game with me

Follow your heart like a flying stallion
Race with the sun to the edge of night
Form your truth like a gold medallion
Dance in the circle of the love and the light

Love is everywhere, I see it
You are all that you can be, go on and be it
Life is perfect, I believe it
Come and play the game with me

Handmade ceramics, the cutest faces!
Orange cones in all shapes and sizes
Photos sent are like sweet embraces
Friends thinking of you are treasured prizes

Love is everywhere, I see it
You are all that you can be, go on and be it
Life is perfect, I believe it
Come and play the game with me

Love is everywhere, I see it
You are all that you can be, go on and be it
Life is perfect, I believe it
Come and play the game with me
Words by John Denver, Joe Henry, John Martin Sommers and Steve Weisberg
Music by John Martin Sommers

24 comments:
You certainly brought a smile to my face this morning. Hugs to you friend.
Very nice post. I'm glad the music you heard so long ago, and whistled to on the way home, brightened up your spirits....enough to even let those rude people get in front of you. :)
Music soothes the soul. When I'm feeling really down, I listen to the music that will bring me back up. It might be a drum beat or the sound of a piano key. It usually doesn't take much to bring me where I want to be...at least for a little while.
Yes, love is everywhere. All you have to do is open up your eyes and your heart and let it in.
*hugs* Have a great weekend, my friend.
Perfect! Those are words to live by.
Thanks!!!
(big smiles)
Beautiful post.... love the song! I hope your day, and many many more are filled with smiles!
It IS everywhere. :) And comes in so many forms, as you have so brilliantly laid out. And DR's picture!! Love it.
Happy Friday, friend.
Beautiful post! :)
Iggy, you are an inspiration to all of us. Love definitely is everywhere, if we just open our eyes and choose to see it. Love this positive post.
This brought a huge smile to my face! Thank you, Iggy!
Your post reminded me of that cool little movie --Love Actually. I like music the most when I am feeling moody, or when I need it for an energetic boost. I sometimes venture into quirky music -- stuff from zydeco to Corky Siegel's chamber blues.
Oh--I'm a believer!!!
Had to go and find the tune online--and then remembered it right away. John Denver had some wonderfully happy songs.
Was absolutely delighted to see all the pictures--and honored that you included Miss Karma's pillow. ;) I know that was made with love--from a dog person! ROFL!
There IS just soooo much love and beauty and wonder all around us every minute! Life is just too short to miss it! I hope you have this song playing in your head with that great old memory along with these new ones and you just keep on whistling, my friend!! :):)
what a beautiful post, Iggy! Love how you incorporated what love and who love is for you as you did the lyrics from that John Denver song. And for the life of me, even though I thought I was a fan of his, I don't think I have ever heard that one....
loved this entry so very much! I hope your weekend is a restful one :)
betty
Oh wow Iggy this post has touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes you are just such a wonderful person and I loved reading this thanks for sharing all of it, hugs you tight!!!!
I love that song..gut I like it done by Monty Rock III, ha.
What an uplifting post you wonderful man! I love John Denver. It is a shame his life ended so needlessly.
Tomorrow I will listen to the tune and words because I just can't place it.
Hope you are out in an awesome boat this weekend. HUGE HUGS!
Great post! Those certainly are happy photos! I just wanted to stop by and say hi! I hope all is well with you! Have a great weekend!
How can you even doubt it?!?!?! Hugs! You will ALWAYS be abundantly loved!!!!
This is exactly what I needed today!
Hope you are doing well. I miss you!
Good post. Got me thinking. It's funny what a song can do to your mood. I think it's time to hear some Black eyed Peas "It's going to be a good day".
Hope all is well!!!!
(Hugs)
Oh you have lots of friends and good moments in your life! Thanks for sharing with us..you are a special guy! :)
I am smiling now! I love John Denver! He was a performer you loved or hated! He never understood how truly loved he was. It was very tragic but he wrote and sang many beautiful songs. I like that music idea! Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing. Anne
I absolutely loved this.
I'm missing you! Hope you are just incredibly busy at work. Huge hugs!!!!!
AAAAAAAAW! clap clap clap clap clap clap.
Love is!
Know you are sooooooo loved by soooooooo many people....
:)
x
Post a Comment