Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekend Wordle

It's that time of week again!

It's time for Shan's Weekend Wordles.

Here's what you do:

1) Go to Wordle.net to create your Wordle.

2) Post it on your blog with a link to Shan's Week~End Wordles or Last Shreds Of Sanity.

3) Once that's done, go back to Last Shreds Of Sanity and sign the Mr Linky that she'll have up - this will help direct those who play along to your blog.

Using the lyrics from This Land is My Land, This Land is Your Land.

Woodrow Wilson "Woody" Guthrie (July 14, 1912 – October 3, 1967) is best known as an American singer-songwriter and folk musician, whose musical legacy includes hundreds of political, traditional and children's songs, ballads and improvised works.

This land is your land, this land is my land
From California to the New York Island
From the Redwood Forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and me.

As I went walking that ribbon of highway
I saw above me that endless skyway
I saw below me that golden valley
This land was made for you and me.

I roamed and I rambled and I followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
While all around me a voice was sounding
Saying this land was made for you and me.

When the sun came shining, and I was strolling
And the wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
A voice was chanting, As the fog was lifting,
This land was made for you and me.

As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."
But on the other side it didn't say nothing,
That side was made for you and me.

Nobody living can ever stop me,
As I go walking that freedom highway;
Nobody living can ever make me turn back
This land was made for you and me.

In the squares of the city, In the shadow of a steeple;
By the relief office, I'd seen my people.
As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking,
Is this land made for you and me?

This land is your land, this land is my land
From California to the New York Island
From the Redwood Forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and me.


word cloud showing words from the song

11 comments:

jewelrybyrebecca said...

I'll be singing that song all day now I'm sure.

Martha said...

Well done my friend. You are the KING of Worlde!

Anonymous said...

Very patriotic!
The colors of our wedding were red, white and blue.

Matty said...

It's a pretty wordle, for sure.

Rita said...

I just watched a special on PBS about him last week! Sad how his life ended. One never knows how things will go. Nice tribute! :)

AliceKay said...

I wondered why you asked if I could stream that song this morning....and now I know. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool Iggy I love the way the words just jump out at you, HUGS

betty said...

that is an awesome Wordle, Iggy. Clever to do it from this song; it came out really neat :)

thanks for the memory of this song; don't hear it too often these days :)

betty

Deanna said...

Cool wordie. One of my favorite songs. Except I really didn't want it running through my head all day! LOL

Hugssssss

jmt said...

Help me out. I see these wordles everywhere, but I'm not sure I get it. Maybe there is nothing to get??? I'm so confused. LOL

It just shakes up the words from your post and creates this little piece of art? Or are you doing something special and making the words you want large, LARGE? Is there a pattern to reading these, or are they not really to be read? See, I'm confused.

LadyStyx said...

Awesome choice of topic for the Wordle this week.

Oh wait...today's Saturday....I gotta get mine done for the week!!