"Homer's Barbershop Quartet" is the first episode of The Simpsons' fifth season. It features The Be Sharps, a barbershop quartet founded by Homer Simpson.

Bart Simpson and his sister Lisa notice a picture of their father, Homer, on the cover of an old LP album at a swap meet. Homer explains to his family that he, Principal Skinner, Barney Gumble, and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (can you say, "Nahasapeemapetilon" kids?) recorded a barbershop quartet album in 1985, which catapulted them to national fame. At the end of the episode, the group reunites to perform a concert on the roof of Moe's Tavern, singing their number-one smash hit "Conehead on Board".
Conehead on board, how I've adored,
That sign on my car's windowpane
A bounce in my step; loaded with pep,
'Cause I'm driving in the carpool lane.
Call me a square; friend, I don't care
That little yellow sign can't be ignored
I'm telling you it's mighty nice
Each trip's a trip to paradise
With my conehead on board.
(applause)
So what brought that up? Well... Late last Saturday night, Cappy was fussy and simply wouldn't sleep. He kept saying, "I am Caaaaaaaaap-peeeeeeeeeeee" over and over again like a mournful fog horn.
So like any parent looking for some peace and quiet, I tried giving him warm milk but that went right through him (get it? it went right through him), then Tylenol PM and finally I pulled out the "big gun", NyQuil...
Alas, nothing worked so I loaded him up in the car and took him for a drive around the neighborhood and ended up over at the supermarket to replace my depleted NyQuil supply.
When I came out of the store with my bagful of NyQuil I found 4 old ladies standing around my car and when I got into the driver's seat, I overheard one saying to another, "That guy has a couple screws loose."
Oh, if they only knew...
You can watch The Be Sharps sing their hit (all wrong) here.
For you do-it-yourselfers - I give you a freebie! Help yourself:

My thanks to Yaya and LadyStyx for the inspiration.

22 comments:
LOL went right through him... Cone on board! And Cappy riding around with you. Did you think to put him in a car seat? I'm pretty sure he isn't traveling legally if you didn't!
Huge hugs - you made my day!
Thanks Yaya and Styxie for inispiring our Iggy (as if he needs any help lol)
I love the Cone on Board sign!
Baby on Board signs piss me off, but your sign is so funny!
Really? Homer in a barbershop quartet? I didn't know he had it in him.
Went right through him... Aaaaaa!!!
You funny.
Thanks for the laugh.
LOL! I love the Cone on Board sign! Maybe soothing lullabies will help Cappy fall asleep the next time :)
you are too funny; thanks for the Tuesday chuckle :)
betty
I don't watch simsons..but i do love the conehead on board sign alot.
so very funny! and no you don't have any screws loose. I didn't hear you rattle once (giggles)
Did you try rocking Cappy? That always put my boys to sleep!
Lord have mercy Iggy, thank you for the laughs, I just love your posts, HUGS
Christ that was funny. My parents had to do this with me all the time. I was a horrible baby when it came to sleep. I smiply did not want to sleep.
Have a great day!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
OMG, this just gets funnier and funnier. Have YOU been drinking too much Nyquil? I could use some tonight. Sneezy stuffy head, cough.... just my sinuses adjusting to HEAT on in the house. I love the way it helps you sleep, but I hate the way it makes my stomach feel!
ROTFLMRSSO!!!!!!!!!! thinking how great it would be to be in a mental institute with you LOL
x
Haha!
Love the Cone on Board sign.
And I love The Simpsons. That was a good episode.
Having screws loose is better than being wound too tight...in my opinion. I hope that he slept in late the next morning for you.
Believe it or not, I have never seen an episode of The Simpsons' from START to FINISH.
Love the sign. You are creative.
I hope Cappy doesn't get car sick.
Cute sign. I'm sure you'll have many people looking at you in bewilderment with this stuck to your window and Cappy sitting in the back seat. LOL
bwaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha.
Oh my... don't those old women know that you have to let a little insanity out now and then just so it doesn't overwhelm ya?
LOL!!!! Wow, your imagination is something else!!!
ohhhhhhh I wanna be in a mental institute with toasty and Iggy...hehehe :o)
This was great!! Love the "Cone On Board" sign with Cappy sitting in the back seat. I did click on the photo right away to enlarge it to see if I could tell if Cappy had a car seat or was strapped in--couldn't tell. I had visions of a quick stop and cappy getting his head knocked off again--ROFL! Sorry, Iggy--I know that shouldn't be funny.
I haven't seen the Simpsons for many years. Went to the song--and then ended up watching a few of the videos with the Beatles--so funny!
You really do have a screw loose! Be proud of it! Maybe you need another sign saying "Screw Loose On Board"! hehehe! Those women obviously have no sense of humor! I'd love to join you guys in the looney bin! :):)
*laffin*
Ok, I really needed that laugh. Thanks.
.oO(just a couple of screws loose?? More like a whole pallet's worth... but that's why we love ya so much)
LOL! :)
You DID buckle him in, right???
Post a Comment