But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Chester the Peacock's Christmas Tree
It doesn't show signs of pausing,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Chester the Peacock's Log Cabin House
When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

Hey Ma!! Where's the dadblam remote?
The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still goodbye-ing,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
I think we ended up with about 8-9 inches of snow here but Chester the Peacock got 22 inches. We officially got 22 and 1/2 inches at Philadelphia International Airport - so the worse of the storm missed me by about 20 miles to the east.
I was shoveling out my driveway when the neighbor comes over and says, "The Missus isn't feeling well and I got to take her to the doctor's or the ER and my snow blower won't start and I can't get dug out! The ambulance service wants $600 to pick her up!" His driveway is a little longer than mine so I went over there and helped him shovel out his car - and while he was away at the doctor's I did some magic and got his snow blower to start and snowblew (is that a real word?) his driveway for him!
:)
He was so durn happy that he immediately went and got more gas and let me use it on my driveway when we got done with his. I'm still pooped - its a bit of work pushing one in deep snow. LOL! I got to do the company parking lot yet too - but the snow could have been a bigger hassle.
His Missus has emphysema and throat cancer but seems to be recovering - just wasn't her best day today.

27 comments:
Iggy, you are a neighbor's neighbor. A pat on the back to you.
I did all my snow removal with my snow blower too. It's called a shovel. It doesn't require gas or oil, no tune-ups, and it never breaks down. However, me and Motrin are gonna have a party tonight. And probably well into tomorrow too.
Nice pictures. Are they at your place?
See, you are sweetness and light.....
You have to pay to call an ambulance out? WTF thats disgusting.... that so wouldnt wash over here...
Oh how I would love to live in that little cabin in the snow.... cut off from the world just a log fire, good company and lots of scrummy things to eat......
I could bring Janet to keep Chester company lol
x
What a good neighbor!! I'm so glad we missed most of the snow. I'm not a big fan of winter.
You get a gold metal for being an awesome neighbor. If only there were more people like you in the world.
22 inches is a lot of snow. I'm glad I only got 12.
The pictures are gorgeous though. Snow is always so pretty right after it falls.
What a cute little log cabin. Chester looks quite content (and nice and cozy) in there.
You're a good neighbor. Sorry to hear about the neighbor's wife's health problems but also nice to know she was able to get to the ER, thanks to you.
Thanks for the pics! We never got any snow from that storm. I guess we were too far north and west. There were a few flakes in the air tonight while we were out and about but that's it.
OMG!!!! As I hit on your site, the same song was coming on the radio at the same time. Oooooo.
We got a good 5-6 inches here. Looks nice but now I'm done with the white stuff for the season.
Oh you're so sweet! I'm sure they loved you for it :)
And Chester's ginormous now! Must've been that turkey dinner. Wait a minute, would a bird eat one of its own?
So sorry about your neighbors wife and what a great and fantastic and lovable man you are Iggy to help!!! HUGS
PS, I loved the pictures especially the Christmas tree in the snow, absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing.
when we lived in the trailor park i used to clean the driveway of a couple of freinds and then one thing lead to another and i got up to about 4 or 5 driveways to clean besides mine. Its one thing i dont miss since we moved to our own house.
This Big strom you guys got down that way never hit here at all i think i saw just one snow flake all day yesterday.i dont mind..lol JR
Iggy do be careful out there shoveling snow! so kind and thoughtful of you to help your neighbor shovel out his driveway; I'm sorry his wife is dealing with those sicknesses but I'm glad she's doing as well as she can
8-9 inches of snow is still a lot of snow!!! loved all the pictures; that cabin is awesome, and the decorated tree on the patio was sooo very festive with the snow in the background
made me miss Montana a little bit (but just a little bit because we had 80 degrees here yesterday)
be safe!!!!!!!!!!!
betty
good neighbor..good friend...was high in the 60's all weekend..i'd like some snow...but not that much
*pouting like a child without a ice cream cone*
I want snow! It was about 76 today and I didn't even need a jacket.
Stay safe.
=)
Great job Iggy. A true example of the holiday spirit.
Lol about snowblew(?), I did that exact same thin in a comment yesterday.
Thanks for the picture of Chester, he is so big, is he housebroken??? I've wondered that.
Tara and I totally agree that our 8"-10" of snow was just the right amount.
I want you as my neighbor..but not in Pa lol! Snow is beautiful to look at..but you have to get out in it and yuk! LOL Iggy you know what traffic does to me!!! Can you imagine me trying to get out with snow with my anxiety? LOL
Stay safe my friend.
(yes Marm..we pay for ambulance service...450 here to go..10 miles!)
I had a dream last night that I was pet sitting Chester and he kept biting my toes. It was so traumatic!
What a beautiful snowy post! The cabin sure looks warm and cozy but what you did for your neighbor is even warmer. You are a great guy Iggy. Hope the neighbor's wife will be ok. *Hugs*
You are SUCH an awesome neighbor Iggy.
And we will NEVEr see snow like that in Atlanta.
You are the type of neighbor I would like to have. I bet you got quite a workout!
You're a great guy, Iggy! :)
What a fabulous neighbor you are!! I'm glad she's on the mend. And you...I hope you get some rest.
Christmas Spirit and being a good neighbor. Santa should certainly put you on the "nice" list now--ROFL! :):)
I sure hope he and his wife have a good Christmas and she feels better. :)
I, too, keep wondering and wondering about where Chester poops?! I've owned birds. Have they got him trained somehow?
What a lovely little home Chester lives in and I love the tree on the deck--so festive! Chester looks right at home. Does he watch TV? :):)
What do you mean paying for an ambulance?? I've never heard of that before.
You're a great neighbor!
After I got your email today, Iggy, I decided to check out whether you had a new post and saw the one I had already commented on. Saw you had 22 comments and thought I'd read them. Imagine my surprise when I didn't see one from me!!!!! I guess I dreamed the comment - or blogger ate it. Not too sure.
I've looked at that log cabin and drooled over and over. I absolutely love it! It is so warm and cozy looking. Reminds me of my own home in many ways. And Chester - lol.
You have a heart of gold. And your neighbor is very lucky to have you. Actually, we all are.
Huge hugs!
What a great thing to do for your neighbor!!! Great job Iggy!!
You are definitely a super duper neighbor and I think everyone who lives near you is soooo durn lucky!
Love love LOVE the log cabin pic. That's what George and I are going to do...build a log cabin in the woods and live out our golden years! Not sure about having a Chester though, maybe another pup of some sort. I guess we could name him Chester! Hugs my friend!
Just goes to show what an awesome person in general you truly are, iggs. We are all Blessed with your friendship.
Yes, Marmy, we get charged for the ambulance trips. It really sux but their paychecks gotta get paid somehow.
What a wonderful neighbor you were (and are). I wish my neighbors would have thought to clear our driveway entrance so that we could have gotten in a bit easier after being gone for three days. Oh well. :) Can't win 'em all!
Post a Comment