I got a surprise e-mail while I was visiting my parents for the Thanksgiving holiday from the woman that owns Chester the Peacock. You may remember him, he was hatched with an injured leg back in the spring of this year.
He has grown up a lot since I first wrote about him (here near the bottom), and (here when he went crabbing), and here when modeled for a photo-shoot, and I said my goodbye's to him here at the end of the boating season.

Guess who came by for Thanksgiving breakfast? His human mom even laid out a placesetting for him. I understand he likes just about anything people like and begs terribly while standing on the kitchen counter while Mom and/or Dad cooks.

Chester . o O (Do you think mommy will notice I sampled hers?)
:)

Chester . o O (Eat, drink and then just lay back and relax by the fire... Ahhhhhh!)
Or should I have captioned this, "Chester's Nuts Roasting Over an Open Fire?"
I suspect I need to put his name on the Christmas card I send to his mom and dad!

30 comments:
Wow that bird thinks it's a human! How funny. Did it poop in the house?
Wow! So cool! I'll bet that bird is glad he was a bird at dinner and not the bird for dinner!
Yeah, Iggy is back!
I was thinking about Chester recently. How cool that he is such a part of the family!
Your mind scares me sometimes - Chester's Nuts... LOL I don't think that ever would have crossed my mind (not that mine is not scary in other ways!)
Well, of course... I mean, if he gets to go crabbing and shopping, why shouldn't he be included at the dinner table?
I wonder if he'll get birthday presents?
Do you think they put a collar on him and take him for a walk around the park. Such a quirky little pet! I love that they send you updates though.
My question is how did Chester feel about you eating a bird for your meal??? Ouch.
What a wonderful story and what loving people to give chester such a wonderful loving home!!
You've been sooooo missed! Chester's nuts. Lmao. Did you blindfold Chester when you were carving the turkey? What a cool pet!
How funny. He sure looked comfy in front of that fire.
Glad you're finally back to blogging :0) Missed you terribly!!! and hey ppl have pigs for pets why not chester :-)
Oh my God - that's amazing!
How cool is that!
You have quite the sense of humor there Iggy. We must be on the same wavelength.
Chester looks quite content there. He's one lucky peacock. :)
Hilarious. I liked how 'at home' he looked.
I love it! Now I want a Chester for a pet too - wonder how he'd adjust to the kitties?
"I want a Chester!" (I was being the girl from Willie Wonka that wants everything.)
oh i laughed so hard at chesters nuts roasting by the fire..thanks you made my day
Is he related to the peacock on the TV logo?? i forget witch one that is cbs maybe? NBC..hell ask Chester. lmao (my nuts are roashing over an open fire)) laughing ..
Chester is well loved. :) I'm curious like Serena, tho--right away wondering where does he do his business? Loved the Chester's nuts roasting--hehe! For some reason his lying sprawled by the fire reminds me of Karma. She
's a heat seeking missle, too. :):)
What a crazy Bird! Looks like you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving...and some added guests.
=0
I think Chester is part corgi with how he is going for that food :)
betty
He could be a friend of Janets LOL
x
That is too funny to see a pic of Chester all nestled by the fire...and thanks for making me think about his nuts.
I was afraid he might be on the platter when I heard he was coming for dinner. ewwww~
I didn't know birds liked to sit by the fire.
He's getting to be so big. Can't wait to see the pix when his colors all come in. He's gonna be one beautiful (yet spoiled) birdie!
I'm trying to catch up on some of my blogging friends. So glad I came by tonight, because this was wonderful! Chester is adorable..do I see reality series here. hee, hee
Happy Holidays to you, dear Iggy!
~gypsy-heart
Love the name Chester!
Chester's nuts....LOL!!
What a great post - thank you for sharing the pictures and story!!!
Chester is way too cool!
This bird is not sitting at the table with his own plate.....
Post a Comment