Sunday, February 22, 2009

Iggy Spotted!

..or actually that's an Iguana striped...

an iguana walking on hot asphalt

I only have ten minutes on the computer here - so I have to be quick! I miss you all - and am enjoying the warm sunshine and water. Swimming has helped my shoulder a lot.

This little two foot long Iggy was in the parking lot and it walked across the road with me acting as a crossing guard in Bahia Honda State Park in the Florida Keys.

wild rooster in a parking lot

In another parking lot on Big Pine Key, I encountered a wild rooster (is it Cedric?) and his family, consisting of one hen and about 8 chicks (one of which I named Marble) having walked to the car from Blue Pool - an alligator and Key Deer refuge. I saw one 8 foot long, very sleepy, alligator and one key deer - I might post the pictures later.

I hope all of you are well - I am being tapped on the shoulder as my time is up - more laters!!

14 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Glad you are having fun. Keep enjoying that warm sunshine.

AliceKay said...

Hey...nice to see a post from you. Glad the swimming has helped your shoulder. Enjoy the warm weather and whatever is left of your time away. *hugs*

Dorkys Ramos said...

Happy to hear you're enjoying a much deserved time away! Enjoy the sunshine :)

LadyStyx said...

Oh YAY! An iggy fix!!!

Glad you are having a wonderful time. We miss you!

Deanna said...

Miss you! Glad you are having a good time and the swimming is helping the shoulder. Maybe you need to find a swimming pool in PA. Thanks for the IGGY fix. Huge Hugs.

The Wife O Riley said...

Glad you're having fun!

Melissa said...

Happy that you're having fun!

ChicagoLady said...

It sounds like you're enjoying yourself down there where it's warm, and there's no snow, and it's warm, and it's not snowing, and it's warm, and you can see the grass, and it's warm.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

So you are in Florida..my part of the world..eh?

Sunshine and play..that is the best medicine in the world.

Happy healing energies to you!

~gypsy-heart

Karla said...

So good to hear from you hon! I miss you!!!!!!

Hope you got those pics of alligators and crocodiles you were hoping for!! *hugsssssssss*

MarmiteToasty said...

Jebus, I can come off me hunger strike now LOL....... Iggy has popped up...... missing you made for a great diet lol

That cockeral DOES look so like Cedric LOL..... they are wild in Florida? oh my, I would be in me element gathering them all up and taking them home to live in me garden LOL..

So glad your getting the rest and uplift you so deserve...... Feb is always a dam shit month........

Be safe..... be well.....

x

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying your break! :) *Hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time. I'm just waiting to see what's next on the wildlife roll call! LOL!

Be safe nd keep having fun!

Deanna said...

Time to come home now....