
Waldo with his look-a-like cousin, Maldo
Well, Lainie challenged her blog readers to list 25 random things about themselves. If you aren't sleeping by number 8, you drink way to much coffee.
1. I got the vacuum cleaner out to do the rugs, got sidetracked doing something else so I left it out, its been in the hallway so long now, the vacuum cleaner needs dusting.
2. I have no children and it looks like I never will.
3. I enjoy watching cartoons on TV instead of prime time shows. Thomas the Train, SpongeBob SquarePants, Sitting Ducks and Fairy Odd Parents are my favorites at the moment.
4. I used to think the original Star Trek was a really cool show but I never saw it before it was syndicated and re-aired.
5. I am diabetic and look longingly at ice cream and candy bars. If I splurge on ice cream it HAS to be the original Bryers -
6. I work for my brother as a computer consultant and think any job that takes more than 3 months to complete is really, really boring.
7. I'm single and live alone. I normally sleep on the sofa - I guess I figure its good training for when and if I ever get married since I figure I'll be in the "dog house" most of the time.
8. I enjoy foods of all kinds and am not afraid to eat something new (remember Marmite?) I just can't eat massively spicy food - like "real" Indian curry.
9. I completely wear out my shoes every 3 or 4 months or so.
10. When I was young I thought being a forest ranger would be the coolest thing in the world to be...until I learned how much they just sit around most of the time.
11. I can still belly laugh at the memory of my then new sister-in-law throwing bread to some wooden ducks in a pond and watching her growing increasingly alarmed and upset when the ducks wouldn't eat the bread.
12. My elementary school was torn down and made into a parking lot that I park in now and then when I do work for Merck and Co. in West Point, Pennsylvania.
13. I wish I had a dog today.
14. I packed up all my vinyl records (albums) and took them to the thrift store and ditched them there last week.
15. I enjoy science fiction movies. I'd rather read fantasy like "The Hobbits" than watch the movie though.
16. Someday I hope to take the perfect, National Geographic quality, picture of a squirrel. I can die happy after that.
17. If I could retire today, I would sell everything I have and move to some place in the Florida Keys and basically be a hermit.
18. Lainie, I never could see the point of sham poo when there is so much real poo around.
19. I rarely take things completely seriously (see #18).
20. I think nearly all athletes, singers, and other entertainer professionals are massively overly paid.
21. I've been watching a TV show called "Spain, On the Road Again" lately and have enjoyed watching Claudia Bassols and Gwyneth Paltrow eat, while I wish I was as free-spirited and successful as Mario Batali.
22. I only do jigsaw puzzles while rocking on the houseboat.
23. My ears ring nearly 24/7 and the tinnitus drives me batty (battier?) about half the time.
24. My definition of success is owning more than one pair of underpants.
25. I want to be cremated and have my ashes thrown in the river in Valley Forge National Historical Park - doing that will probably be illegal, but then, I won't care.

15 comments:
Interesting things. I had to laugh at #11 myself. LOL
Have a good day today. *hugs*
I LOVE learning about you :).... and its never to late for blokes to have children lol.....
If you lived nearer you could come and sort out our computers for wireless, cos I/we are computer retarded in this house......
I to will become a hermit I thinks living in a little cottage on the cliffs in Cornwall somewhere when Im old and haggered.... bugger, Im half ways there lol
x
wow! Your interesting! *hugsss* (oh come one did your sisterinlaw REALLY not know it was a wooden duck? you SURE you want to get married someday LOL)
I think there would be nothing better than moving to the Florida Keys and being a hermit. I wish I could do that now, but alas, I have bills to pay it'll be awhile before I'm ready for hermit type living!
WOW>>>I think the fact that it's illegal would only sweeten the moment. One last act of complete and total rebellion!
(I'm smiling now!)
I wept when i read #14...I would never throw away my lps...sigh*...
i think all them people are way over paid too...I love the on the road..spain..mostly for the music...(willie singing on the road again is a great thing to look forward to)...I'm going to start looking for you a woman..you'd make a fine partner..too bad im too old for you..I'd give up my cobwebs for ya..
Yep, those were random alright! LOL!
Great to get to know more about you.
I'm really curious about the shoes though. How come they wear out so quickly?
LOL at your definition of success. Hmmmm I must be on a caffeine high because I definitely made it to the end. Pretty cool learning more about you.
I LOVE your list!
great list
What are they going to do? Hoover you up and arrest you?
Great list, I too measure success in underwear. I one day hope to have 365 pairs like George Castanza so I only have to was them once a year.
What an interesting selection of random things about you!
Underwear can be made to last at least 4 days...... believe me, Im a mum of 4 sons....
1. Worn the correct way..
2. Worn back to front..
3. Worn inside out and label at the back..
4. Worn inside out and back to front with the label at the front..
There is your lesson in underwear skids survival..
x
I like your #12. I have been living in the general area since I was TEN!
My brother works for Merck, but I am not sure if it is at the West Point location. He's in PA too, though.
Post a Comment