Steps: 1,934,124
Miles: 826.07
Virtual Walkers Status: Lost somewhere in the UK.
Overall since July 1, 2005
Steps: 20,827,207
Miles: 8922.42
I've been slowed down with the shoulder and more so with the time spent on the physical therapy for shoulder as well as by the icy cold weather - but the shoulder about 80% back to what it was - and certainly no longer a impediment to walking. In the short time I've eased up on the walking, I've "lost my long" walking legs - took a couple years to get them the first time - and they are gone in only a couple months. So I'm going to have to back off to about 4 miles a day until therapy is over and gives me back an hour of my time on three days a week.
Things at work have picked up a little bit - I was actually busy for about 4 days last week - and look to be mostly busy this week. If time permits I'll locate the missing virtual walker guy, if not - I'll be working and out there trying to find my "long walks" legs as well as continuing therapy.
I went to the Norristown Farm Park for the first time in a while and did some walking up and down the hills - I feel good from the workout and the air was fresh and not too cold. Below is not the of best pictures - I forgot to take my garage sale bargain camera... but it shows the view I had.

Sycamores in the distance - across a snowy field.

13 comments:
Looks cold and desolate there.
Hey, you will get your walking legs back in time. Hang in there. I hope the physical therapy is helping you. *hugs*
Four miles a day is three miles more than I walk. You are doing great! I think maybe the virtual walker needs to find his way home from the UK and stick closer to home for awhile! Hugz Iggy.
You'll find your walking legs again soon. *hugs*
Hey, maybe the virtual walker has them? ;)
Seriously though... Stay safe, and don't do more than you feel capable of doing. 4 miles a day is still plenty. There'll be plenty of time to up it to what you used to walk once your shoulder is fully healed! *hugs*
Glad the shoulder is healing, your long legs will regrow :)
Guess what? go on, guess?.... WE woke up to SNOW here this morning, the worst snow in Jolly Old England for 18 year apparently..... most school were closed, I had to laff though.. cos the snow aint nuffin like in doodleland, yet England almost come to a stand still today..... to dam funny :)
Happy Monday dear you....(((((Iggy)))) huge warm hugs
x
I'm glad your shoulders doing better. Get it back up there to 100%!
You need to find that virtual walker guy. We wouldn't want him to lose his way! *hugssss*
Wow...it look cold!!!
I'm glad your shoulder is doing better, hop your legs get better soon....=)
"Happy Ground Hogs Day"...I have forgotten this day every year since fifth grade.
What exactly does a Ground Hog look like? Some sort of pig that lives in the ground? It surely can't be related to the well known Groundhog, famous for prognosticating the weather despite being blinded every February 2 by the flashbulbs of a thousand cameras.
You'll get your walking legs back before you know it. And I'm glad you have work to do finally. Want to send some my way? LOL
The groundhog (Marmota monax), also known as the woodchuck, land beaver or whistlepig, is a rodent of the family Sciuridae, belonging to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots.
Funny Google has 'em listed either way - Ground Hog or Groundhog. but I'm going to call them Whistlepigs from now on (and wow.. they are squirrels too!)
Charlies on steroids....who'da thunk?
Hee hee "whistlepig." That's a silly name. Great job on the walking! You'll whip those legs back into shape in no time if you keep it up :)
I wish my work would slow down a little. It seems that as soon as it gets warm enough to stop with the heat, air starts.
Wow, my Chiropractor would be impressed with you!
the only time i walk is if there is ice cream at the end of it.
Post a Comment