Saturday, December 20, 2008

Two Steps Forward Three Steps Back

Just a quick entry to let you know I'm still alive and breathing. I am having lots of trouble with the shoulder right now but will get through this "torment" some day.

I got this in my e-mail just when I was feeling rather glum about things from a lady in Chicago. As you know, the Midwest and northeast (north of here) have been getting lots of winter already, and here winter doesn't officially start until tomorrow.

Squirrel buried up to his elbows saying winter sucks! its going to take unitl july to thaw out my nuts

I do hope this fellow is referring to hickory, walnuts, and chestnuts. There isn't any snow on the ground here today - it rained all day yesterday.

12 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*laffz@ the graphic*

Glad you dropped this entry, I was beginning to worry. Sorry that the shoulder is acting up still. Maybe the dr will let you use some IcyHot patches?

Celticspirit said...

Cute Picture! Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I sure do feel for you because I have problems with mine as well probably do to repetitive motion I do at work. Peace to you!

Melissa B. said...

Greetings & Salutations, you Superior Scribbler, you! Melissa B. here, The Scholastic Scribe, & the "Original" Superior Scribbler! 2 things on my mind today: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award, and would greatly appreciate your vote; so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And also, don't forget to come by tomorrow for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. Thanks for your support!

yellowdoggranny said...

I don't have any nuts to thaw out, but I figure by 10pm tonight my nipples will be hard.




sorry..sometimes i can't help myself.

The Wife O Riley said...

Very Cute!

I hope this shoulder thing is over soon, I hate to see you in so much pain!

ChicagoLady said...

I wish I had a magic wand to wave so your shoulder would be all better.

I would be very happy to send you some snow and cold temps. Lows tonight are supposed to be about 1F. Brrrrrrrrr

AliceKay said...

I hope your shoulder starts feeling better soon. You sure are being put thru the wringer with it. (love the graphic and i agree...winter sucks) *hugs*

Deanna said...

Winter sucks and so does PT gone bad. That shoulder has been a pain in the... hmmmm well it has been a pain! Take care of yourself dang it!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Tooooo cute!!!

I hope you are feeling better very soon hun!! I was out for a week and man, that sucks!

Merry Christmas!!

PS How come you aren't following my blog???? =)

MarmiteToasty said...

There you are with a poorly shoulder and you go and take time and effort to 'do what you did'.... you are such a dear person, fank you so very much for being you.....

Still smiling.....

Rest today, just stay snuggled in bed or on ya sofa with a blankie.... its only 8.35 here and the house is quite so Im taking my cuppa tea BACK TO BED lol....

Happy Sunday..

x

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* I'm sorry things are going so badly with the shoulder!

Karla said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. You gotta get well by May cause I really wanna see Valley Forge!!! *hugsssssss*
Love the picture :-)