Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OCHAs Heart VA too...

As you probably know, Virginia is for Lovers is the tourism and travel slogan of the state of Virginia and has been in use since 1969. However, I bet you didn't know that Maryland has parodied this phrase with their own "Maryland is for Crabs" slogan.

I heart VA bumper sticker art

At any rate, many people love Virginia - it has a lot of history - Aside from the Roanoke Colony in North Carolina, which was founded 1586, and again in 1587 and then it mysteriously disappeared (I guess that's why its also called the Lost Colony) the Virginia Colony of Jamestown and the Popham Colony in Maine are the oldest settlements in the United States, dating back to 1609. The state of Virginia had a major role in the American colonial era, the American Revolution, the frontier and rural life, and of course, the American Civil War.

There are many things to do and see in Virginia and places to go to such as Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion, Natural Bridge and its Zoo, Civil War battlefields; Virginia is even the home of the American Armoured Foundation's Tank Museum.

So naturally bus companies offer tours for young and old...

a line of orange traffic cones at the kerb outside of a virginia travel information building

Here we see a line of OCHA senior citizens investigating their options during a day trip, after using the restrooms that is...This (soon to be) famous photograph, captured by roving photojournalist LadyStyx, will be the basis of a HUGE advertising campaign, starting with a big splash during Super Bowl XLIII game to be held February 1, 2009 in Tampa Bay.

And no, it's not an ad campaign for tourism by the state of Virginia...

Inside word has it, Kimberly-Clark, the makers of "Kleenex" facial tissue, "Kotex" feminine hygiene products, "Cottonelle" toilet paper, and "Huggies" disposable diapers, will be spending millions promoting a new line of "Depends"...Depends for OCHAs! The press release says, "Depend offers a full line of incontinence products designed to help you maintain a normal lifestyle. Our incontinence pants offer moderate to heavy protection, and Depend Guards for OCHAs are custom designed to fit the conehead anatomy."

Bet you can't wait to see the commercial! I know I can't!

Happy New Years! I hope the new year brings all of you many laughs, much happiness, and lots of beautiful memories.

12 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

Look at them all just standing there!! That's a great picture!

Deanna said...

LOL I swear I can't look at an OCHA without wanting to pull my camera out. It is like they are real... That picture is priceless. Great story Iggy and great picture Styxie!

yellowdoggranny said...

my granddaughter who is a texan thru and thru is living in norfolk(husband in the navy) and she loves virginia..but hates norfolk..sigh*..

ChicagoLady said...

Wow, who got those OCHA seniors to line up like that? I normally see them all bunched up taking up the whole sidwalk so no one can get around them.

I had a friend who lived in Suffolk and the Dismal Swamp for a few years, she didn't like it. Of course, she didn't like Memphis much better, lol.

Anonymous said...

Well, darn it! They don't show the Superbowl over here, so I'm going to miss the commercial! Not to mention all the British Ochas who wont get to see it... What will those poor Ochas do???

AliceKay said...

Happy New Year, Iggy. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

*signs up all the British OCHAs to get the mass mailing from Kimberly-Clark which might even include free samples!*

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my I have so much to catch up on, its not good to have a blobbing break lol....

My X brother in law lives in West Virginia with his doodle family.... and one day I will get to visit...

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR YOU...... fanks for being the most precious find of the year for me LOL.... fanks for being you, and for all your kind and wonderful ways..... may you coming year be filled with love and laughter, friends new and old, better health, hope, peace and happieness.....

love ya...

x

MarmiteToasty said...

ps......Punkn... I almost crashed me car trying to rummage in me bag for me camera when I saw the most amazing display of traffic cones LOL....

x

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! Very cute!!

Happy New Year!

Intense Guy said...

I need to point out that the story angle was LadySytx's idea... I hit a creative dry spot. So thank you LadyStyx!

*goes and makes a new award based on a Depends graphic*

LadyStyx said...

*laffin*!!!

dunno Chicago...they were just like that when I got there...

*laffz some more @ the Depends award I suspect is being made as I read this*