Saturday, March 26, 2016

Photos from January


I've been really busy and have been missing blogging mojo - I'd say more about these photos that were taken late December and early January but I've got to scoot... Hope to post more soon.

A cherry tree in bloom in January - a warms spell got it royally confused!

The aftermath of Super Storm Sanday (2012) linger on...

Santa waves from the porch in a house that was recently raised.

Beautiful Dolphin sculpture.

Another house being raised. This one is actually sitting in the street while they dig the new foundation.

Winter Beach - my favorite time down the shore.



My Dad's dog Zoey makes herself at home.



The place down the shore. I need to do some exterior painting.

The Morris Arboretum was brown and dull - It has exploded with Spring flowering now. I got to get there and take some photos of the blooming trees.

My older brother and his family spent a week in Myrtle Beach.

A South Carolina snowman.

The Myrtle Beach lighthouse.

While he was on the beach in South Carolina, I was on the beach in New Jersey.

New Jersey beach.



My family memories at the beach photo collage. Over 110 individual photos are mounted in the "room divider".

15 comments:

Tattered and Lost said...

I love that you say shore. So very much east coast. We say coast out here, but I know when I was little living in Maryland we went to the shore. And my Pennsylvania grandparents always said shore.

Fun pictures of the South Carolina and New Jersey shots!

Annesphamily said...

Everytime I hear anything about the Jersey shore, I think of you. What a beautiful place to go and collect yourself and rest and relax. I am getting ready for a small gathering tomorrow at our house for Easter. 9 of us down from the usual 24! But we will have a ham and scalloped potatoes and other side dishes for Hannah our vegetarian girl. We have had really cold days and after our blizzard more snowy weekends and waiting for round three this week on Wednesday and Thursday! We enjoyed an early brunch today and saved $20 too! I am now enjoying a steaming cup of strawberry tea. Happy Easter and I really enjoyed the photos. Your dad's dog Zoey is a real beauty.Brittany, Jeremy's soon to be bride, recently won the Circle of excellence at their company (he won it two years ago) and they get an all expense paid trip first class to Hilton Head this June! Those two love to travel. enjoy your day and again a blessed Easter to you! Anne

Victoria Zigler said...

Every time someone mentions cherry trees, I think of Sakura... That's what her name meant, after all.

I enjoy the ocean in all of its moods. But I have to agree that it's better to be near it in Winter in some ways. Apart from anything else, you get to enjoy it in peace, because far fewer people like to be there when the weather is cold.

yellowdoggranny said...

living in the middle of Texas we say either going to the coast or to the beach...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a great place to walk to me coast or shore...either one is fine with me sand and water!! I hope you have a Happy Easter!! :)

betty said...

Zoey looks quite content (and spoiled) in your father's chair :) Looks like great places you visited and saw during December and January :)

betty

ChicagoLady said...

Can Zoey come visit? I want her!

The S. Carolina snowman looks like he's melting, lol.

The wall plaque with the frogs on it, where was that taken? I think my ant has one just like it.

Some of our trees are just now starting to bud. Glad Spring is here, can't wait for the warm weather to follow!

AliceKay said...

I always enjoy seeing your pictures. You find some very interesting subjects. :)

Nice to see a post from you. *hugs*

Jacqi Stevens said...

Looks like that chair is a squeeze for Zoey ;)

I remember winter walks on the beach! Only "my" shore was in New York. Brrrrr...

Rita said...

Love all the pics! But isn't that a sandman? LOL! ;)

sugarlens said...

That snowman is so cute. I had to look twice because I was thinking to myself that that's some dirty snow! haha.

yellowdoggranny said...

re: bloom county..they are all but a few..new ones..he does them on facebook...all the ones here are new but one I think..

Deanna said...

I have fallen in love with Zoey. Great to see a post from you. Here's to better mojo for both of us... And for some semblance of Spring! Winter be-gone!

LadyStyx said...

Not terribly fond of the larger dogs because they make me skittish (and I'm more of a cat person), but Zoey is one gorgeous pooch.

Looks like a good many of us have lost our writing mojo. I'm trying to kick myself into gear in my own blog. Was just spending a few minutes in an older one. I see that I'd freshened it, but hadn't added to it. Maybe a new name... or a reformatting... hmm...

love seeing a note from Flickr telling me there's more pix from my buddy Igz.

Deanna said...

Loved seeing your photos and owe you a huge apology for going MIA. Son Greg reminded me tonight just how important blogging is. He was reading mine - and me thinking nobody cared and was missing it. Am going to try again! But more importantly, am going to try to start visiting one of my favorite friends in the whole wide world more regularly. Hope to see a whole lot more from you. Hugsss!