Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Barnaget Lighthouse - Sunset Cruise
I know I've not posted anything lately. I don't know where my blogging mojo went. Recently, I went on a sunset cruise off Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island, on the "Miss Barnegat Light." I took lots of photos - it was a beautiful evening. The water was warm(ish) at 73F and the breeze kept things cool.
The boat left from the "Viking Fishing Village."
Barnegat Lighthouse, was built by George Meade, a Civil War General for the north. Barnegat Light was commissioned on January 1, 1859.
Later, all the little kids (and me) would get to drive the boat!
But first we motored out of the bay, past the lighthouse.
The other "aid to navigation," the town water tower, probably doesn't aid navigation nearly as much as the lighthouse!
A cooling breeze helped the "blow boat" stay abreast of us.
Ah... relaxation in a New York minute.
Taking the turn into the inlet to head out into the ocean.
We saw a pod of Porpoise and a big school of bait fish being chased by ... something in the deep. I had "Charlie-Problems" and couldn't get a good shot of the porpoise. I have 6 photos of the empty sea where these swimming mammals ... eluded me. The sunset wasn't much to get excited about - but...
...recently, they re-lit the old lighthouse, and seeing the light was a thrill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











15 comments:
Beautiful post with wonderful photos! I have been thinking about the two missing boys in Florida. I do not understand why parents let them go off alone. I have prayed a lot. I do not know the whole story just how sad those parents must be. I have always been a bit fearful of water and loved looking at the water from the Staten Island Ferry when we visited NYC last year. I think if you grow u around it you are more comfortable. Someday I am hopeful to take a cruise. Betsy and George Adams from Tennessee said they took a cruise for their honeymoon several years ago. Her blog is Joyful Reflections and she and George post so many beautiful photos. Last Christmas they made us a calendar for 2015 of their hikes. They are in their 70's and so fit!
You are always doing such fun things. Plus you know history so well. My son Jeremy does too! I always enjoy seeing your posts. You have a good heart for blogging but I know some days my mind is spent and I can not hardly think of what to put up next. I feel like blogging is such a release from the daily grind we fall into. I am heading over to my blog to put up a quick silly post this morning.
Have a beautiful day and I am glad you enjoyed such a fun cruise.
Enjoy your day! Anne
I thought the sunset was pretty :) There is something about a sunset over water, no matter what, it always looks spectacular :) Looked like a fun cruise; the water looked so blue in some of the pictures, very relaxing :) I think there is an art to taking pictures of animals whether they be in the ocean on dry land. Has to do with timing, but 50% or less of the time my timing is really good; otherwise, I too have the picture of the landscape but not the animal I intended :)
betty
Sounds like it was a very enjoyable cruise... Even though you had "charlie problems" and couldn't get a good shot of the marine life.
What a wonderful sunset cruise. And you got to drive the boat! :)
Your photos are breathtaking. You know how much I love lighthouses and water towers, and you captured both in these beauties. :)
Great post, kiddo. :) *hugs*
how beautiful...and thought the sunset was pretty spectacular.
I bet that cruise was very relaxing for you. And you got to drive the boat! Is that the biggest boat you've driven?
I like the sunset you captured, the clouds are very pretty lit up in orange and yellow.
A lighthouse that actually works? Cool!
ChicagoLady,
This is the largest boat (by length or displacement) I've ever driven.
I know! I remember you use to write all the time about your walks. I still enjoy reading your posts, whenever they pop up in my reader. This sunset cruise looked awesome. Perfect for summer.
What a fun day on the water! I have been in a little sail boat...but to be on a large one like in your photos must be something! I am certain you were a very good driver of that big boat! I always enjoy when you blog:)
Less than stellar sunset? Ah, well, it's the journey, not the destination ;)
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. The water looks so incredibly blue!!! Glad you revved up your "blogging mojo" for another post on your outings. Totally know what you mean by that flagging mojo...
What fun! I would love to see porpoises swimming, and surely would not be able to capture them in photo either..I am not quick enough. Love the lighthouse- that would have made the trip for me.
What stunning photos!!! Sigh....I do so miss the east coast sometimes! Enjoy it all for me, OK?? Big hugs!
P.S. I'm working on my blogging mojo too!!! So many friends no longer blog and we need to correct that! :D
Thank you for sharing this experience. Loved the photos and lighthouse shots. I hope you weren't stingy about driviing that boat and let all of the other kiddos have their fair share of time ') Huge hugs. Don't lose that mojo!
Looks great..wonderful photos. Greetings!
Gorgeous photos. I love the 3rd from the bottom, the lighthouse and sailboat.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. I am hoping to get into blogging again. I miss journaling through my blog.
I am doing well, the stress of the past 18 months has not been great, but healthy wise, no real complaints.
Post a Comment