Yesterday, I started testing and learning Windows 10.
I know some of you were daunted by moving away from Windows XP. Windows Vista is on Microsoft's hit list now.
Microsoft decided to skip the name "Windows 9" since there apparently is some old code written that checks the version of Windows by seeing if the number starts with "9" (i.e., Windows 95 and Windows 98) and this might cause problems here and there. So they skipped "9" and went directly to "10."
Below is a preview screen. I would characterize Windows 10 as a mash up between Windows 7 and Windows 8. Click the photo to "enbiggen."
I'm both underwhelmed (by Windows 10) and overwhelmed (by the ceaseless change).
Friday, November 7, 2014
The advance of technology is relentless...
Labels:
Just Different,
Mental Noise,
Random Things,
Utter Nonsense
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
I just love your picture, LOL. No matter how many times I see it, I always have a smile on my face. Son recently bought a new laptop. I remember the opening screen being like what was highlighted here. Looked different, but usable if that makes sense. I know its not possible with technology, but sometimes I wish they would just leave things alone like they were. Call me resistant to change or perhaps old fashioned?
betty
Your son likely has Windows 8.1 - I've had troubles with Windows 8 but then, I've had troubles with just about every other version of Windows since day 1!
I didn't like Windows 3.0, Windows Millennium, Windows Vista, and now Windows 8.0 (8.1 is only slightly better IMHO).
I'm using Vista. You know me...I don't handle change well. :\
I hope you'll be able to tutor us when we don't know what we're doing.
I wish they'd focus on fixing the problems with what's already out there before worrying about "new and improved" stuff. If it's so "improved" why do we need a new one so soon? Just saying!
Oh I love Windows 7. I had a laptop at the museum with Vista ( Not impressed). I don't like change so much either..Windows 10...oh my. I suppose someday my computer will crash and I will have to update..hope it is user friendly:)
As technology advances, it seems there are more and more people resistant to it. I've never been one to jump at new versions of Windows, simply because they are usually so buggy when first released. Hopefully by the time I move to 10, I will be open to the change.
Noooooooooo! Please don't tell me my beloved Vista is on the hit list. (sobs...) I used to feel like I was pretty good with technology, but am starting to feel behinder and behinder all the time.
Good luck wrangling 10 and thanks for the explanation about why they skipped 9, because curious mind here was wondering.
I dont know from come here to sic'em about computers..
I have no idea what I am using -- Luke does all the computer stuff around the house, but I know I get annoyed every time he asks me to "backup" so he could "update."
Hi! I'm technically challenged when it comes to this stuff! I don't mind change but make it user friendly! Face Book is an excellent example! I somehow created two accounts. I just want to combine them into one! There is no way to accomplish this! Plus you can never recover your personal photos! Argh....
True confessions: I'm still using my old clunker desktop with Windows XP. Don't shoot me ;)
On other fronts, both my husband's and my daughter's brand spanking new touch-screen laptops (each made by different companies), running Windows 8, have both died...thankfully under warranty. But try telling a kid in college--away in Ireland, no less--just before term papers are due, that that computer will have to be shipped back to the company for a few weeks while they deal with the problem. Sometimes, "working" seems preferable to "under warranty."
Well, I'm on a Mac so I have no idea how to make the ride easier for you, but I love the photo. It reminds me of a pickup I saw the other day towing an outhouse. I said to my car companion, "I'd like to see a truck pulling a tent trailer and an outhouse pull into a campground. I'd like to see the expressions on the other campers faces.
just a short thank you to let you know who much I appreciated your sending me the information about code talkers..it's fantastic..love it so much..also nice to know someone would think of me about something other then politics or cowboys..love you sweet friend.
windows GRRRRRrrrrrrrrr
Post a Comment