Monday, April 7, 2014
The long delayed arrival of Spring
Early "wire rope" bridge - Reigelsville, PA - Friends of the Delaware Canal Luncheon
When the American Shad come up the river from the Ocean to spawn, you know it's Spring. These fish are credited with "saving" Washington's starving soldiers at Valley Forge. Alosa Sapidissima are the guests of honor (so to speak) at the local Shad Festival.
The farmhouse for the farm that was made into a housing development that my parents live in.
A tree downed by the ice storm blocks the Delaware Canal towpath near Washington Crossing, PA.
My neighbor finally put his Christmas tree out at the curb for pickup the last day of March. Another sure sign of Spring.
The eatery at the side of the Perkiomen Trail is once more open for business. A nice sign of Spring - I'm kind of attached to this one.
Hard to see in the photo - but the surest sign of Spring to me, are the "return of the turtles" that climb onto logs to sun themselves!
In the past week, the Daffodils have exploded into bloom. I was overjoyed to see these guys!
A Forsythia bush at the Morris Arboretum.
Pots filled with Tulips greet the sun at the Arboretum.
And, yes, the migrating Orange Cones are back...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












15 comments:
I am so glad to see the cones know when and where to return home. I am also glad to see the other signs that spring have returned or is returning to your part of the country! In more ways than one it was a very long, cold, wet winter; glad to see it could be over with for now! How interesting with the American Shad, a new part of history I learned today.
betty
I can see why you would be attached to that restaurant sign :)
Daffodils are in bloom over here too. And I did not know that about the American Shad!
Daffodils and Tulips are a sign of Spring for sure!
Happy happy Spring!
We keep getting fooled here..spring 1 day winter 3 days...arghghgh
Looks like spring has sprung down your way. Looks nice and warm. We're still waiting up here. The last of the ice has finally melted from just outside this window, tho. It seeped into the ground this past weekend.
Just love that "Iggy's" sign. :)
Yay Spring!
Spring has found you! You have been to the arboretum...I still enjoy looking at the book you sent me! Love your sign..I bet the food is good there! :)
Spring seems to be coming around! Your photos are wonderful. Enjoy it while the weather is good! Thanks for sharing.
I just knew there had to be daffodils in there somewhere. But OCHAs? I had no idea they had an affinity for spring ;)
SpRiNg!!!!! Woo Hoo!! Yippie!!! ((happy dance))
ACK! The aliens are back! ;-) So glad it's spring.
Glad to see spring has made it over your way. I have not seen any daffodils popping up here, but I don't have a lot of places to look for them. Not even buds on the trees. That may have changed with the warm weather the last few days. I'll have to check once the rain finally stops (not that we need the rain after all that snow.)
Cute sign! Have you ever gone there asking to speak to Iggy? That would be quite the conversation, lol.
Turtles and flowers...okay, that's spring for sure! ;)
I am kicking myself -- I saw some cones the other day that were absolutely ridiculous. I didn't turn around and do a photo. Sorry
Post a Comment