This past weekend, I walked the Pine Creek trail located in the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon just outside of Wellsboro, PA. It was quite cold in the morning but as the sun slowly warmed things up, it became more comfortable.
I totaled 62,550 steps and 26.8 miles. This is the second (and likely last) marathon length walk this year. I felt rewarded in that I had challenged myself and had "made it."
I was probably a week or two too late for the peak foliage - but it was still spectacular - I was enjoying the view so much, I forgot to take many photos (after my fingers thawed out that is!)
Next year, I am planning to walk the Lehigh Valley Gorge Rail Trail - the only questions are logistics and where to start and end!
Trail map showing 34 and 25 mile options.
:)
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



19 comments:
Such a pretty area!
If I didn't know better, I'd say winter has already visited you. Beautiful picture. Taking photos with frozen fingers is somewhat of a challenge, isn't it. That is a lot of steps! Maybe you should do the cha cha along the way and double it! Hugs!
I love these two shots. :) I'm glad you were able to get up this way and take that walk.
The Lehigh Valley Gorge Rail Trail looks rather challenging. Hope it all works out for you next year.
And as always, it was nice to see you again. :) *hugs*
That is a very impressive walk!! I'd get tired after a few miles! It looks beautiful there with the changing colors!
Twenty-six miles, that one heck of a hike. Congratulations!
Gorgeous area, Iggy! Wow that was a walk though!! Neat to start planning ahead hikes for next year and which will be the strategic one you want to do (or perhaps squeeze in two over the course of the season)
betty
Wow! 26.8 miles! That is inconceivable (well...at least to me!). I want to ask "Did you do it over the weekend with a camping trip?" but that is a pretty uninformed question, I admit.
The photographs and scenery were spectacular--even if you do think you missed the peak color. Thanks for sharing!
I am impressed..that is a bunch of miles...you are a real hiker now...you could have been a pioneer! I will just keep plugging away on the elliptical! Pretty nice past peak scenery:)
Lovely pics and congrats on some serious mileage! :)
you are awesome...
Whoa, how long did it take to walk 26 miles? Very impressive!
Wow- that's a good hike! Fantastic..I'm not sure my old body would have made it, but with that gorgeous view, I would have given it my best!
Even if you did miss peak leaf color, those are still some very nice pictures!
Good luck on the Lehigh Valley Gorge Rail Trail next year. I don't think I'd be a willing partner in either walk. Makes me tired just thinking about it.
Another good hike and not too far from Wellsboro is to drive to Watkins Glen NY. Watkins Glen has a state park and there is a trail in the Watkins Glen Gorge. Start at the bottom and it is about 800 steps up and out of the gorge. The scenery is wonderful. My sisters and I hiked it in July but started early in the day. It was quite a haul and hiking back down the gorge is better for the return trip.
How beautiful! Congrats! That was one long hike. Sweet! :)
I have a question. When you go on a long one-way hike how do you get back to your car? Or do you turn around and come all the way back?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, IGGY!
*hugs*
OH MY GOODNESS!
Congrats! I'm so very proud of you and happy for you!! This would be a soul and body cleansing endevor for anyone. I hope you feel accomplished and now, recovered.
Wow! Amazing walk! This is such a cool thing. Very happy that you did all that walking surrounded by the lovely trails and scenery.
Post a Comment