Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Swap Goodies!

I recently got some really "good mail" - a package with goodies from my Halloween Swap partner Francine at Primitive Stars!  Thank you Francine!

The swap was arranged and coordinated by wonderful Parsley at Seasons of My Mind. I am thankful I know her!

Francine sent a wooden Smiling Black Cat wearing a pumpkin-themed witches hat "door greeter". I think that expression is so "me"!

The handmade, primitive candy corn pillow is a delight as is the homemade Halloween greeting card!  Francine finds and creates some of the most interesting "primitive" items, like starts, bowls, and other things.  They are most eye-catching.

The box with the smiling black cat on it contains big candy corn kernels and the rectangular box contains pure maple sugar candies! Those will be a treat for sure!

The little pumpkin candle smells to nice, I'm thinking I won't ever light it up!

The 'cinnamon fire' Jolly Ranchers are a boyhood favorite - I always loved how the intense flavor exploded in your mouth! As an aside, I also found it interesting that the Jolly Rangers were made in at Hershey, PA, just "down the road" from me, went all the way to Francine in Canada and back again!

Thanks again Francine! And thank you, Parley for doing the hard work of setting this swap up! It was so very nice!

12 comments:

betty said...

Lots of great goodies, Iggy! I like that welcome sign too; great fall like decoration!!! I didn't realize Hershey was just "down the road" from you. That is my "dream" to get to visit it one day.

enjoy the goodies!

betty

Rita said...

Sweet! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

You seriously just live down the road from Hershey's?! IGGY! You never ever said!

I enjoyed my swap too. I love that wooden cat door greeter! The whimsical mischievous grin on the cats face. Oh yeah.

Parsley said...

I love your goodies! Glad you joined the fun!

The cat door greeter is looking a little mischievous like it ate all the Halloween candies. heheee

If you live down the road from Hershey's, I suggest we all have a road trip and let's tour the place together and leave with bags of chocolate and candies!!!!!!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Karl, so happy you enjoy the swap goodies....was so much fun......Mmmmmm Hershey' s chocolate, yum yum, I would like to tag along too,:) enjoy the weekend, Francine.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well sounds like you could lead a tour to Hershey! What a great bunch of Halloween Loot! :)

Deanna said...

What a great swap! Everything was perfect, right down to the cat sign. That is funny about the Jolly Ranchers. I always loved those firey cinnamon ones too. Yum!

yellowdoggranny said...

friends...ain't they grand.?

ChicagoLady said...

Lots of cute stuff! That candy corn almost looks like a lost cousin of the OCHA's.

AliceKay said...

Lots of great goodies from your Halloween swap partner. :)

sugarlens said...

You are all set to decorate your house!

Annesphamily said...

We use to have a Jolly Rancher factory here. So sad it shut down but back in the day you could smell the heavenly aroma of the sweet candies! Sigh!
You got some great items. I am always missing the fun swaps. SOmeone will have to remind me! LOL!