Monday, July 15, 2013
Barn Charm
Outside of Piffard, New York, near the Genesee Valley Greenway Trail.
On Saturday, my older brother and I hiked on the Genesee Valley Greenway Trail - the trail was an abandoned Pennsylvania Railroad bed that runs from Cuba to Rochester, NY. We planned to walk 26.2 miles (one standard Marathon) and go from Sonyea to Scottsville, NY. But, we had to detour an airshow being held in Geneseo and that added three miles to our walk and took us past this charming barn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
You are invited to follow my Christian blog
Looks like a great Airshow with some beautiful old planes. 26 miles I am impressed..you rock!! I read that you can Geocache along the way..we used to do that with the Grands it is a wonderful activity:)
Wow, that's a good walk!
You put me to shame with your walking but congrats! I'm hoping to get in 3 miles this weekend but I have NO idea if I can.
Great pics by the way.
That's a charm of a barn. :)
What a great shot. You walked a long, long way, but you got some great shots along the trail.
Wow! Now that was a long hike! Nice barn and it looks like it was a beautiful day for the air show and your adventure. :)
Wow, Iggy, that is just incredible to think that not only did you do the 26 miles, but threw in a few extras for good measure (not to mention, an air show!). Wears me out just thinking about it.
Glad you found that barn, too. Thanks for sharing the photo with us local-just-around-the-block walking species. ;)
I think I would have pooped out after the first mile. Good job to you and your brother!
Would love to hear your story about the cemetery from your Flikr photostream.
How's your dad doing?
Aren't detours great? You never know heat sort of barns you might encounter. Going to have to link to this pot for next week's barn charm!
Wow! I hope you wore a tub of sunscreen. The last time I went on that long of a walk (oh wait, I have never been on that long of a walk -- the farthest I have ever walked is 20 miles), I got one of the two worst sunburns I've ever experienced.
I can't remember when was the last time my brothers and I hiked together. It's great that you do stuff with yours!
That's an awesome walk Iggy! I have a 30 mile beach walk route planned out that I've always wanted to do, but even with heavy duty sunscreen I'm afraid I'd end up with a dangerous burn. Hope you wore your sunscreen!
that is a fabulous barn...
Post a Comment