Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Secret Penpal Revealed!

a beautiful handwritten letter, hand made card and an orange cone that says, talk to the cone
When Parsley of Seasons of My Mind organized a secret penpal for anyone that wanted to join in with writing letters to someone, I decided to join - We were to write around the first of the month for several months and then, this month, write and tell our secret penpal and tell them who we were.

I knew a couple things - one, writing someone a letter for several months would be difficult for me. I'm not a "creature of habit" and I rarely doing anything on a schedule - including, much to my Doctor's despair, taking pills and eating at a fixed time. On the other hand, I knew that whoever I would be writing to (I can't reveal that, or at least not just yet!) and whoever would be writing me, would be really nice people.

So I took the plunge and a couple months, had a struggle with "getting the letter" out the door. One of the things that kept me going was "I promised Parsley" and the other was the awesome letters from the secret person writing to me! Gosh, they were so nice - and so inspirational.

And at long last, I know who my secret penpal is!

She not only has beautiful handwriting and makes beautiful cards - her blog is beautiful too! Shelley's Artsy Fartsy Life. I found some photos of her enjoying her vacation with her family (here) and hey! Who can resist a Tow Mater And Lightning McQueen fan!

Had I know about her birthday which was December 10th, I would have given her a "Happy Birthday" shout out!

Thank you Shelley! I'm pleased to "meet" you! Thanks for all the Cones!

Thank you Parsley for organizing this whole thing!

And don't forget... "Talk To The Cone!" (The Orange Cone Museum is going to love him/her/it!)

:)

16 comments:

Jacqi Stevens said...

Ah, Iggy, in the short time I've gotten to know you, you and your Orange Cones have brought quite a few smiles! Glad you had such a rewarding time with your secret Penpal. Sounds like fun!

Here's hoping your Orange Cone Museum will have a large section devoted to all those photographs of Orange Cone Sightings. I know every time I see one now, I think of you...for some strange reason, there's this compelling desire to grab a camera and...

betty said...

Love it, Iggy! Talk to the cone! Sounds like you had a great secret pal (and were a great secret pal!) That did sound like a nice thing Parsley orchestrated!

Will be interesting to see who your secret pal is that you've been writing to!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas just in case I don't visit between now and then!

betty

yellowdoggranny said...

wow..that's just terrific..and what's wrong with making a new friend..? ..nothing..

Far Side of Fifty said...

A great thing to be involved in..and you got some cones too. I was all set to get a photo for you the other day..then they moved the cones..they are gone from around the tree in town and a temporary fence was put up..darn:(

Parsley said...

This has been such a great experience. I'm glad you joined in!

Annesphamily said...

It was a fun experience. I am getting into the habit of writing letters and sending cards. I enjoyed it so much. I found out who my secret pal was and also who I was sending my letters and cards too. Great ladies, both of them. I need to post too.
Teresa received some good news from her doctor today. Come visit my blog. I posted a bit.
You received some cool things, all the cones you dearly love!
Have a terrific week.

Rita said...

Sounds like that was a really enjoyable experience doing the secret pen pals and you got some cute things and pretty cards. Meeting somebody new is always exciting!

When do we get to find out who you were the secret pen pal to?! :)

AliceKay said...

Sounds like your secret pen pal is a great person who loves life and enjoys sharing with others. I'm glad you had an opportunity to meet someone new, even if it meant "pushing" yourself to get that letter out each month.

By the way, that's a great addition to your Cone museum. :)

Furry Bottoms said...

My secret pal hasn't yet revealed herself... and I am looking forward to it! I know she is a female and I know she lives in Costa Rica. I want to be able to write her back so badly!

I am so glad you enjoyed the penpal project. It was fun!!

Furry Bottoms said...

waitt a minute I wanted to go check Shelley's blog out. Who can resist that name-- artsy fartsy? But your link took me directly to Parsley's blog. Hmmmmmmmm

Intense Guy said...

Sorry, I goofed. I fixed up the link -

http://shelleysartsyfartsylife.blogspot.com/

*hangs head in shame*

aladdinsane12 said...

Yay! It's good to finally find out who was sending you all that awesome stuff! And thanks for the link to the pics- I'm obsessed with looking at pictures of Disneyland/World, even if they're somebody else's vacay photos :)

jmt said...

What a fun game/exchange to play. :) I'm with you, as Dorkys can attest, I'm terrible with punctuality and doing something in my personal life on routine. Have fun with your reveal!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your no-longer-secret penpal is a really nice person. Can't wait to hear who you've been sending things too! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

How fun!!! Sometimes it's good to step out of our comfort zones!

I hope you have a merry and blessed Christmas!!!! Big hugs!

jewelrybyrebecca said...

What a cute idea and a fun way to make a new friend(or build on a friendship). I am so bad a "writing" letters. and staying on a schedule for that matter