I know I've not posted in a while - I've been "out of commission" for a couple weeks but am feeling much better each day. Today, I managed to walk four miles in the pleasant Indian Summer sunshine and am very pleasantly tired now.
While most of you know, I had several pulmonary embolisms (emboli?) and was (literally) knocked off my feet for the better part of a week - and forced to go to the "Three A-Em Acupuncture Spa" (otherwise known as Mercy Suburban Hospital) and turned into a human pin cushion. I'm still bruised from the various needles used to inject or pull out fluids. The food was okay - but the wee hour awakenings for blood pressure, blood samples, and injections of blood thinners kind of sucked.
Umm.. some of the nurses were kind of cute - but I didn't really care all that much - I just wanted to go home and take a shower pretty much from day one (hour one?)
I was greeted by a substantial pile of extra-special "good mail" when I returned home from the Spa. A long hot shower and couple nights of uninterrupted sleep were total bliss! I've been "faithful" taking my medicine - and have been given the green-light to return to work full time - and told to build up to where I was with my walking.
Today and yesterday the weather was perfect - and found me outdoors walking (oh-so-slowly) but steadily... passed not only by women passing baby strollers loaded with hundreds of pounds of baby, baby supplies and baby toys... but also by turtles, burrowing moles and even little ants.
But I felt marvelous - I took some pictures - but first I have to thank everyone for their get well wishes and for the extra-special good mail which I opened Friday and today - enjoying my birthday more that I have in years.
So what do you think is in those boxes, envelopes and behind the gift wrappings?
I'll tell you next time! :)

21 comments:
I am quite happy to see a post from you and MUCHO HAPPY you are better. I think your stash of goodies is a reflection on how special you are to many. :-)
Glad you posted an update, Iggy! What a great stash you got! Sorry some came because of your "adventures in medicine", but glad lots came in birthday wishes (which I have now marked on my calendar for next year). I look forward to seeing what is behind that stash! Good for you for that 4-mile walk today too!! I bet that felt good!!!!!!
betty
Good job on your walk. I'm sure the fresh air did you a world of good, even if the turtles, moles and ants were passing you. Hard to enjoy the outdoors when you're moving fast anyway. And you're more likely to find a Charlie posing for a picture if you walk slowly. LOL
Nice to hear you're feeling better and were out walking. (loved the pic, by the way) ChicagoLady is right...if you walk too fast, you might miss a Charlie opportunity, and we all know how much that would mean to you. ;)
Nice to see a post from you, kiddo. (yeah, i know....i'm up late. i was talking to a mutual friend who wasn't feeling the best tonight) *hugs*
Yeah, birthdays can take on a whole new meaning, given the context...So glad to know you are back on your feet and walking!
Whoohoo! Walking in the sunshine!! That's the best therapy. I am sooo glad that you are feeling so much better and are home from the wakey-pokey spa!! (My dad called it prison.) And what a delight to come home to all the birthday gifts and surprises! Wow! Nothing like good mail!! Can hardly wait to see everything hiding in those boxes! Glad you're feeling better. That is the best gift of all. :):)
Sounds like you had a bit of a scare. I'm glad you're on the mend.=)
Great to see a post from you; YAY for walks in the sunshine! :)
Can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things your friends sent you! :)
Four miles..you must be all healthy by now! I am so glad you are better.
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Hope you got a cake and everything! :)
I did NOT know you were in the Spa. I knew you weren't feeling well and was doing iffy, but I did not know it required a hospital stay! Iggy! I am so sorry!
I am glad you're feeling better and I agree with Parsley. I think those packages reflect how people love you and want you to be well. I would have sent a squirrel if I could have!
I bet your walk did you a lot of good! There's nothing better than walking in the sunshine and feeling the fresh air.
I did not know you were in the hospital. I hope you recover quickly!
Sunshine and a long walk. It doesn't get any better than that! I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. That is quite an assortment of packages. Keep taking care of yourself and stay out of the SPA!
Hugest hugs.
Punkn
I was fixing to send out the Texas Rangers(not the baseball team either) to find you..glad your back and doing better..much missed and much loved..
Happy Belated Birthday!
Oh my gosh, I had no idea! Glad you are doing better and got lots of goodies in the mail. We all missed you! Happy belated b-day!
Boy... that's sure alotta mail! That one box looks mighty familiar too. *chuckles*
So glad that you're feeling better day by day and getting back to "normal" again. A nice long walk (albeit slowly) always does a person wonders.
I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend! I abhor hospitals. But I'm glad that with YOUR visit you got good food and pretty nurses!
:-)
And my apologies...I am remiss in extending birthday wishes! So Happy Birthday to you as well!
{{hugs}}
(Big Smile) So glad to see you back in blog land. And with the news of feeling better and getting "good mail". Enjoy the sun!!!!
Take care of YOU!
Oh my! I have been terribly remiss with my blog reading and this happens. I am so sorry you had to go to the ER and I do hope you are on the mend. I had my fair share of hospitals stays last year (pre blog) to last a lifetime, no fun. I beleive the worst is over and I am getting stronger every day. I too can relate to people walking faster than you for sure. It's just good that you are walking. I can't wait to see the "goods"! Happy birthday too!
I'm so sorry that I didn't know this. I would have put you right up on my pop up prayer list (calendar program on my computer!)
Get healthy my friend! !
At least some of your friends are dedicated and it looks like some great mail to greet you!
How did I not know you were ill?
I am glad that you are recovering and feeling better! Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment