Thursday, September 15, 2011

Secret and Not Secret Penpal

Remember A Charlie Brown Valentine, a TV special where Charlie Brown goes to his mailbox each day to see if he has gotten a Valentine's Day card from the Little Red-Haired Girl? Some days, I can empathize with the poor guy. I mean, to quote Rodney Dangerfield, "if I wasn't born a boy I would of had nothing to play with."

But not anymore!! In the mailbox recently were three bits of "good mail"!

A beautiful postcard from Parsley, a long letter from Rita of SoulComfort, and a card from my secret penpal!
cards, pictures and knit coneheads
The wise old "knitted ones" gaze serenely at the scene...

a note card that says
Looking closely at those pictures, I thought to myself, that short little orange cone in the middle of the picture on the lower right looks really familiar. I pull out my magnifying glass and peered at her... and yes!! It is Miss Illinois! of the Miss Orange Conic America Pageant!

Thank you secret Penpal! You did it again...putting a smile on my face. Thank you Parsley and Rita for being such great friends!

17 comments:

AliceKay said...

Aww...I just got the warmest, fuzziest of good feelings. :) You have some very special friends.

*gets out my magnifying glass*

Parsley said...

I'm happy that you are smiling.

betty said...

How cute!! It is so neat to get something good in the mail isn't it? (instead of bills and catalogs, sales papers, etc). I think it was wonderful what Parsley did with her secret pal thingy and that people actually do write letters these days by snail mail!

hope you have a great weekend Iggy!

betty

Deanna said...

Sweet.

The secret pal idea is a good one. And you are just plain loved.

Hugest hugs!

Deanna

Furry Bottoms said...

Miss Illinios, huh? I would never have recognized her! You have good eyes!

Rita said...

I agree with Nikki, I would never have recognized her. You do have an eagle eye!

You are most welcome, my friend!! ;)

I thought of you when I saw the pictures of the valiant orange cones protecting people from danger during the flooding your way. The orange cones are always standing guard to keep people safe. And I always think of you when I see them. :)

yellowdoggranny said...

u r loved.

Martha said...

I think about you at all construction zones always, even take photos here and there when I can - wish I wasn't so postally impaired! Hope all is well in your world IG ((hugs))

ChicagoLady said...

Congratulations on getting such wonderful items in the mail today!

Mary said...

That is really neat! I am glad it perked you up a bit.

Anonymous said...

Always nice to get some nice mail from nice friends! :)

aladdinsane12 said...

ah! I love the one with sunglasses! It's like an orange cone version of the California raisins! (ok, that makes absolutely NO sense...)

Love the little handmade card, too- lucky you!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Receiving goodies in the mail is always fun. I just came home to a few myself. The bright yellow card (or letter) looks so cheerful! I'm glad they put a smile on your face. Looks like these people really know what you like.

jewelrybyrebecca said...

Cool, good friends rock. I hope you are well!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have good friends..we all love you! :)

Martha said...

Fun mail! I never get fun mail, well rarely! I love the knitted OCHs!

Pamela said...

many years ago.. and my daughters and husband can attest to this... I saw male anatomy everywhere I went. Not the real thing, mind you (well there were a few flashers I can recall) .. but most of them were just built into the scenery. I even took a few photos to prove it. I never blogged about it (that I can remember). I wonder if I would have had a following like you with people sending me photos of the likeness here and there. What got me started was the linoleum in front of the "throne" in our bathroom. We are pretty sure that someone designed it that way. It was just too perfect a match. Then we bought the little mermaid movie for our daughter -- and there was one in the castle under the sea. Later we found out that someone did that intentionally. One of our daughter's friends absconded with our cover so we don't have that anymore. We have so many stories and laughs about all my sightings. Mostly I bird watch now. (: