It has been a slow week - but for some reason I'm having trouble writing anything. I think left my head in Maryland last Saturday. I took the train from Norristown to Philadelphia, met my Dad and we both headed to Roplh's Wharf to do some minor repairs on the houseboat. While we were there, we spotted our boating friends and said "Happy New Years!" (which it is - its a new boating year just getting underway now).
Barley looks as precious and cute as ever. His Dad was trying to control the "squirmy wormies" long enough for me to get a couple pictures. Barley's Mom, the one-legged marvel, was having a hard time this winter and looks like she will be stuck in the wheelchair this summer. Someone said, "Getting old isn't for sissies..." Boy, was he ever right.
After fixing up a torn decal and some broken plastic vent covers, my Dad and headed to the "main event." The annual Chilifest Fly-in at the Massey Air Museum. There were over 75 planes and perhaps 400 people at the Fly-in. I think they consumed about 25 large crockpots of chili and 300 hotdogs.
I think this plane sported my favorite paint job.
While we ate chili-dogs in the pleasantly warm sunshine, a couple of the aviators put on an impromptu airshow! Zoooooooooooooooooom!
I took a bunch of pictures and a video. I always get a kick out of watching what my camera does to spinning propellers!
As I wandered about the rows of parked planes - I felt someone's eye's on me. This white plane with a yellow strip is not quite what one would imagine a famous WWI flying ace to be flying - but then...
...one really doesn't expect to see a flying doghouse either!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






19 comments:
Barley is precious!!! I just want to scratch him behind his ears!!
25 large crockpots of chili and 300 hotdogs- crikey, I'm glad I wasn't there... it must have smelled strongly!!!
I love chili cook offs and I love airshows, so you had the best of both worlds. My husband works on a Marine/Navy air station so we have a great airshow too.
Barely is a darling.
Barkley is still just the cutest little pooch! :)
Looks like you and your dad had a fine time. Loved the pictures and video. And laughed out loud when I saw Snoopy the Red Baron inside on of the planes!!! That is just so funny! Looks like you had really nice weather and everything is so green! Even your trees! Nice!
Great post! Thanks for sharing your travels with us. I love going along with you on your excursions. ;)
I'm sorry to hear your friend is wheel chair bound right now. Jopete was definitely right. Barley is precious.
I wanted to break out in song when I saw Snoopy the Red Baron... "After the turn of the century... Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, or more.... Left, two, three, four...
It sounds like you and your dad had a fun weekend. Will definitely check the photos out later! Work is calling.......
I was sorry to read about Barley's mom as well, and yes, Jopete sure was right about the growing old thing.
You took some great shots, and I enjoyed looking at them. My favorite shot of your set was the biplane passing low near the onlookers. That's a cool shot! I haven't watched the video yet (it wasn't in your youtube account when i last checked) but I'll check it out next.
We finally have some sunshine up here today, but the wind is ripping, and it's a bit chilly outside. Rain showers are to return tomorrow. :\
I hope you're having a good day today. *hugs*
Looks like so much fun! and you rode the train!!! Maybe next time we can ride the train..sounded like fun to me 2 years ago and still does!
Take care and talk to you soon *hugsssss*
sounds like a fun weekend, Iggy, and a good adventure for you and your dad! All those planes would be fun to see in person; very colorful I imagine!! I like the tradition of "happy new year" said for the new boating season, because it truly is a new year for it indeed!! Hopefully a fun one too!
betty
That looks like such a fun weekend! My husband would have loved that fly in - close enough that perhaps he'll take part in that in a few years. Glad you're having nice weather to enjoy the out doors - I can't wait until we can launch the boat.
Blessings
you have such a great time..chili?...oh man..chili.
You are a good son for hanging out with your dad so much. Sounds like a good weekend for you boys. :)
Sounds like a fun day! I love that Snoopy got to hand out in that plane.
Sounds like you and your Dad had a great time... Loved the video! :)
Maybe now that you can start visiting the houseboat from time to time you might be a bit more inspired to post?
Cool video! That thing at the beginning looked liked something between an airplane and a helicopter. I loved watched all those planes take off one after the other.
Cool pictures of the planes and I love the colors that they have them painted with. Glad you got to spend a good day with your dad sounds like fun. :o) Crockpot chili and hotdogs, YUM!
What a delightful way to spend a day!! I love airshows AND boats!!!
Hmmm...chilidogs....*drool*....
That looks like so much fun! You should have asked for a ride! And Barley is ADORABLE. Love the sound of a chili cookout- I probably could have eaten those 300 hot dogs all on my own :) And in response to your last comment, no, I didn't get any beads in New Orleans. I got plenty of offers, but I wasn't really prepared to do THAT just for a plastic necklace!!
Oh pretty planes.. I bet you had a good time with your Dad! :)
those planes look so little. I'm not sure I would want to fly in one. Agreed with the pretty blue paint job. Looks like part of the sky. (maybe its a spy plane)
I think that is cool spending quality time with your dad! You are truly blessed! I love all the photos and Barley is sweet!
Post a Comment